Glen 787 Saves 3 Glow Plugs!!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hgatjens

No one did it today.

2007 RCU Apple Blossom Festival Regatta

1 Pico American Dream Dave Brandt 1,600 points. Even being disqualified in a prelim couldn't stop him

2 Notre Dame Bill Brandt 1,900 points. Only lost two heats all year. Dave won those two.

3 Miss 7-11 David Newton, just 1/3 of a lap away from 3 free glow plugs. "I wanna go fast!"

Full results on RCU website tomorrow.

That's funny Harry! Hey by the way I'm organizing a road trip with several guys coming up with me to Tri-Cities. do you guys have the Hotel and race info set yet?

That's funny Harry! Hey by the way I'm organizing a road trip with several guys coming up with me to Tri-Cities. do you guys have the Hotel and race info set yet?
Race is on the 28th with the big boats on the 29th. If you are coming and need Pit Passes for the big race, Chet Lepinski will be handling those. They aren't free but Chet does a lot of work to make them available to the racers.

Recommended Hotels.

www.cloverislandinn.com

Guest House Suites

5616 W Clearwater Ave

Kennewick, WA 99336

(509) 735-2242

Fairfield Inn

7809 W Quinault Ave

Kennewick, WA 99336

(509) 783-2164

Super 8

626 N. Columbia Center Blvd.

Kennewick, WA 99336

(509) 736-6888

The rebuilt and repainted Miss Budweiser will make it's 2007 debut in two weeks in Marysville. This will be the boat to beat the Brandts. I have had a great time with "renta" boats from Don Mock and Jeff Snell, but it is time to bring out the big gun!

Well the Brandt's sure have it figured out.. one non wing scale and one winged scale,,,,Both cant be beat... so much for the thought on if you wanna win you got to race a non winged scale...

Great job guys... I see Mike and his gang are heading north to put the pressure on the Brandt's good luck!!!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Mike. I'll give it a shot....my new Circus has put some impressive numbers on the radar gun and she handles like a dream. I haven't put her in a race yet...saving her for the Nats. I changed a few things on the Miller since the NWSC and my son has been driving it like he stole it. Now he can hold lane one in the turns with no problem. Of course he doesn't have to fix it if her breaks it either. So far we've got my son and I plus two more from here and I may be talking a couple of SoCal guys into going up too. I can fit 7 scales in the trailer

Thanks for the info Harry I'll get a hold of Chet.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one did it today.2007 RCU Apple Blossom Festival Regatta

1 Pico American Dream Dave Brandt 1,600 points. Even being disqualified in a prelim couldn't stop him

2 Notre Dame Bill Brandt 1,900 points. Only lost two heats all year. Dave won those two.

3 Miss 7-11 David Newton, just 1/3 of a lap away from 3 free glow plugs. "I wanna go fast!"

Full results on RCU website tomorrow.
Are you guys just holding out for a bigger offer :huh:

How's this......4 plugs but if they finish 1-2 again before somebody else wins you guys owe me 4 glow plugs :p

If the Brandt's go 1-2-3 you guys owe me a dozen :lol: :lol:

Russ certainly is the Master builder of my 72 Notre Dame and Lee Robertson built the 95 Pico. We both are well aware that we can be beat. David Newton is in there all the time. The Mini Czar is a class racer of the highest degree and really knows how to put a boat around the course.

Russ, I PM'd you about building a sister to the Dame but never heard anything.

Right now I'm just trying to stay one step ahead of Trooper Dave, my son, in points. Mini Czar, if you block for me I'll help you win the 3 glow plugs. How does that sound? :rolleyes:

Mike,

Get Troy Davis up here for the race. He'd love it.

EXTRA EXTRA! Son Dave may not make the big race that weekend. He's State Patrol and all Troopers may have to work the big race weekend. That only leaves 2 Brandts. Dave's wife Brenda and me. I'm rootin for Brenda.

Right now I'm just trying to stay one step ahead of Trooper Dave, my son, in points. Mini Czar, if you block for me I'll help you win the 3 glow plugs. How does that sound?
OH NOOOOOOO........the fix is in :eek:

Okay, if David wins this weekend I get a shot to get them back at the NAMBA Nats or the Muncey in San Diego :rolleyes:

Okay, were any deals made, old debts paid or do I get to keep my glow plugs for another race :unsure:

Bill,

Troy and I are in. We've been talking about doing this trip for a couple of years and now he's really game to do it. Just a matter if he can get his wife to parole him for a couple of days. With three little ones we haven't seen him much the last couple of years. We may get a couple more to go as well. I was trying to talk Henry Velasco and maybe a couple from SoCal to caravan it up but with the Nats being here this year it may not work out for everyone. I really want to bring my son but he has football starting right about that time. At almost 11 years old he's turning out to be a hell of a scale driver. I was first and he was third with a tight top 3 this past weekend. I want him to see how you guys do it as he didn't make it up with me last year to the NWSC.

Mike,

That's great to hear. For whatever it's worth, 11 years old is when I first got son Dave involved in RC Car racing. He doesn't do much in cars anymore but has tried to stay active with boats. He got me again this weekend with a win at the Marysville race. I jumped the gun and had to charge hard just to get 3rd.

I've still got him on high points so far but he keeps pecking away at me. I don't know how long I can hold him off.

Glenn, I think you will be holding on to those glow plugs for quite a long time. I thought I had a chance this time... but no luck. That is about as much as I will say about the Marysville race on the record, haha. Maybe we should just move the bet over to the Muncey race, looser gives the other guy the glow plugs.

Yeah Bill he actually beat me at the Grand Prix earlier this year. I was head to head with the leader and tried to dive under him when he gave me a lane and I snap rolled. He cruised right around me to take a 2nd and he isn't letting me forget it.

David, I might have something for you this year in San Diego. New boat is fast and can turn tight enough to hang on that course. I just need to get there on Thursday to get my set-up right this time. Heck even my Exide can probably handle that course now.

Hey David,

You and Dave should both be happy that A. I jumped and B. Did you see how I flustered Kirk in the mill? I really threw him off his game.

Bill, what happened in the mill? Kirk has the 77 Squire. I beleive Mike you are thinking of Doug Kirk, he has the 87 Cellular One. Sounds like you have your act together, will be a great Muncey this year I hope!

Just played the Ol keep him on the outside of me deal til the last second then cut back to the chase. Just messed with his mind and timing a little. You didn't see him trying to get around me in the mill in the last 30 seconds?

Latest posts

Back