Getting ready to run my Vegas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I am going to run my vegas tomorow with a TZ12 in it. I have it bolted in and ready to go,.. put a water cooled cooling head in it too. Well, today I was looking at Glen Q.'s .12 rigger. Glen is running NO cooling either air or water. I know I will probably need to restrict the water but I'm wondering if I should just use the head button like Glen. I'm going to be running 40% fuel, I imagine Glen is running much higher nitro thus putting more fuel through the engine thus cooling more as well.

What do you think?

Anthony, I have never played with a 12 motor in anything except my SAW boats, so I don't have any real info to give you, BUT I would think you would want some kind of cooling on your Vegas. My SAW boats are only at full throttle for 5 or 6 seconds at a time and then have 10 or 15 seconds at idle to get turned around. Getting enough heat for the motors to really run has been my biggest problem, but I don't see that as being a problem in the Vegas.

Glenn

Tony, if you're heading out today I wouldn't worry too much about cooling the engine as if the weather in Indy is close to what we have up here you might have more of a problem getting the thing to start. It's a balmy 32 up here right now and getting ready to watch the gas boat racers freezing their butts off.

It's close to 60.,.. not bad...

Tony, if you're heading out today I wouldn't worry too much about cooling the engine as if the weather in Indy is close to what we have up here you might have more of a problem getting the thing to start. It's a balmy 32 up here right now and getting ready to watch the gas boat racers freezing their butts off.

Well this is the same .12 I run in my riggers. It's had a bit of work done so it's not stock. Plus I think the TZ12 is rated about the same as the HP as the .18 in the Vegas.

It ran well. I had just a dribble of water flowing from the cooling line. I was alone so it's hard to tell but I think I had it moving at least 40... I think anyway... Sure is a lot slower than my little riggers though.. It's quieter though too. I still need to make some adjustments to get more lift,.. It'll go faster..

Anthony

What kind of spped did you or do you expect to get with the 12 in the vegas.

Back