• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

getting out of hobby [well sort of]

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

okay kidding im not getting out of the hobby,

just switching from nitro to gas, and theres still some stuff left over, plus some stuff i need for my gas cat, so if there's anything on this list you want to buy/trade for gas-sized mount, props, radio box, hardware, please let me know! :)

-new 12 volt batt./charger for starter motor

-new Royal heavy duty starter

-used magnum starter

-prather 215 b/s has some dents

-octura x442 new

-octura 4447 (3) new

- 4 mccoy mc-9s new

- a few quarts of 20% red max,anyone who's at ODMBA can have this free of charge ill just bring it to the 1st race/fun run next season

Joe

Yeah! I saw that comming!!! Ever since you drove that Twincraft.

Welcome to the dark side! ;)

Are you going to start hanging out at Jims?

I switched to gas last year, but the nitro guys at our club don't seem to have much respect for us gas guys. I think they are intimidated the size of our boats! :p

Good luck with the "NEW" hobby!

Dale P.

thanks dale!

the dark side seems pretty good so far, ive got a supercat and a g260, dang theyre HUGE and sweet lookin too. expensive though, which is why im trying to get rid of that last little trace of nitro.... :rolleyes:

i would say ill miss the sight and smell of a good nitro engine screaming, but i definitly wont cuz there will still be plenty of em at the races! :)

ive been on jims for a while now, i dont post much though cuz i dont know jack compared to the other guys.

Joe, I'd like to buy your starter battery. Give me a price in an e-mail. The same price as everyone else.

Another thought, Joe, if you can still find the little sport-40 prop of mine in your tool box, sell that too and use the proceeds for your parts. What was it, a P-240 or 245, sharpened, balanced and polished? Someone here will like it.

mike,

YGM, no way im charging you for it though....yes ive still got the sport 40 prop, guess that means you dont want the starter battery to get back into nitro then :)

added to list:

1 prather 245, b/s and polished

exlax

im sorry to see you go to the dark side, but if you rig that g260 up to nitro it might break the speed record and your piggy bank trying to pay for the fuel. :D :D :D :D

true, i was kinda hoping to get more than one run out of it before it blew up though....i wonder if "jacked it full of nitro and let it rip" accidents are covered under the warranty?? :rolleyes:

i guess i deserve the "exlax" thing, around here lax is short for lacrosse not the old-people's wonder-syrup but that must change from place to place. <_< :p

longballlumber,

right back atcha.

Joe

The dark side?

LMAO I got 2 gas boats now and am not ready go fully give up the nitro boats yet.

still like the nitro, and the gas is nice and easy.

them 260s are monsters when modded.

and the torque of a gas engine, compaired to nitro engine.

when you can wheelie a cat by smashing the throttle, thats torque.

Hope your not going to leave us Lax.

Tom

heck no im not....you guys are the best, and if im reading it right the forum here is a general rc boating forum, and nowhere does it say "dirty backstabbing turncoat dark-side gas people not allowed"! :D

i only sold my .21 to pay for the gas boat, and ive still got a .18 lying around....small rigger material? B) maybe some day....

of course you're not ready to give up nitro boats, cuz then you'd hafta change your screenname! :D :D

Not a quitter, a Joiner!

This year the gas cat class will be the largest class running in our club and Joe's jumping into the middle of it. 6-boat heats will be the norm. One brave man. And at the rate he's going, he should have a very competitive rig from the start. Now If I could just teach him the significance of the 3-boatlength passing rule, because I know he's gonna wash me down.

quitter.....that awful word from the mouth er hands of the guy who build himself an ELECTRIC.... :D

mike...3 boat length passing rule? thats under 3 boats length only right??!! :rolleyes:

brave, possibly, stupid, for sure. :blink:

ONCE AGAIN: That means when you're in front of me you stay out of my lane unless, for a gas boat, about 12 feet of space separates us. Or I won't port your Zenoah. B)

12 feet?

dang thats a tall order mike.... :(

kidding, i will be sure to do that, though im not sure i want the competition takin tools to my new baby....sounds a little suspicious.

everything but battery STILL FOR SALE,

here's a price list:

starter motors- 15$ each

p215- 8$ [used]

p245- 15$ [balanced polished and sharpened]

x442- 10 [new]

x447 (3)- 12$ [new]

Mc9s - 8$ for 4 [new]

Back