Gas Thunderboat Fake Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

Ok Now who makes the Merlin or Allision Engines for the Big Bad Thunderboats....Again thanks for the help......

Simply awesome................................... man oh man,
When I get a little more caught up on my boat building I will hopefully start building some kits for Allisons and Merlins. I already have the plans drawn. If anyone is interested in doing the parts themselves let me know. The Allison drawing has pretty much all of the parts. The Merlin lacks some parts. But you should be able to get a good start on it.

CZAR

When I get a little more caught up on my boat building I will hopefully start building some kits for Allisons and Merlins. I already have the plans drawn. If anyone is interested in doing the parts themselves let me know. The Allison drawing has pretty much all of the parts. The Merlin lacks some parts. But you should be able to get a good start on it.

CZAR
OK. Here is the latest on fake motors. I hapened to remember a friend of mine in so. Cal. who is a professional model maker. He had approached me a couple of years ago about building motors for 1/10 and 1/8 scale. Never got time to get started. Now when I call him he tells me he is building a Classic Thunderboat. Go figure. And he wants to build some motors for this class. So I will be sending him the drawings and some parts that I will be carving. These will be very detailed motors. I cant wait. Not sure when we will see some product, hopefuly by the first of th eyear.

CZAR

CZAR
OK. Here is the latest on fake motors. I hapened to remember a friend of mine in so. Cal. who is a professional model maker. He had approached me a couple of years ago about building motors for 1/10 and 1/8 scale. Never got time to get started. Now when I call him he tells me he is building a Classic Thunderboat. Go figure. And he wants to build some motors for this class. So I will be sending him the drawings and some parts that I will be carving. These will be very detailed motors. I cant wait. Not sure when we will see some product, hopefuly by the first of th eyear.

CZAR
Please sign me up for one...

Marty

CZAR
Roger when you say kits do you mean Laser cut components? similar to the Doug Campbell stuff, or the cnc ones? I think a hybrid could work pretty well, a mix of wood and resin parts... I know in 1/8th scale ( this is for electric powered ones) the nice resin engines etc weigh a ton unless you work em over... anyway I would love to see a kit.... I know Doug Campbell has an allison kit up to 1/8th scale, I believe he could scale it up too... but it isn't anything like the greg reed master piece!

I just what a nice set of realistic looking 1/6th Merlin exhaust stacks. Six dowel rods sticking out on each side ain't gonna cut it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back