Gas mufflers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with Mike.

I'm running CC Racing inverted stinger pipes and they are quieter than the mufflers I've played with and definatly no power loss.

What type of pipe are you running? If steel I agree with the previous posters but if you are running an aluminum pipe I would use the Cooper Quiet muffler. The Cooper is by far the quietest muffler around bar none. Zack Price sells them for aluminum pipes mufflers. Those ebay mufflers are knock offs of the T-Mod muffler you will see at the above link also. I think Cooper has mufflers for steel pipes also but don't know who supplies them.

www.americanrcboats.com/products/engines/engineacczen.htm Unable to get the link to post.

Thanks for the input guys...

it's for a 1/8 ProBoat Miss Bud with the stock aluminum pipe.

Someone recomended that I put an Andy Brown "84 muffled" pipe on it. I bought one but it seems to be a quite a bit longer that the stock pipe.........anyone have any ideas there?

I really just want to end up with a much quieter boat. Don't want a problem with non-boaters at the pond.

Steel vs. aluminum............I really don't know the advantage of one or the other.

Bob the Fool :blink:

I'm far from an expert on this but the difference between steel and aluminum is in the resonance, just like a musical instrument.

The quietest gas tuned pipe that I know of is Jeroen's titanium pipe from Germany. It's a little pricy at I think $185.00 but it is quiet!

Here's a video that I shot, go ahead and turn it up! Listen to people talking to give you an idea of how quiet it really is. This was an after-race demo:

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/floa...7GasNats021.flv

Steel pipes seem to make better power when its cooler out... while Aluminum pipes work better when its hot and humid. All i run on my boats are steel pipes (QD Hotpipe and Internal stinger CC Racing pipe)

BTW Ron the Jeroentune pipe is stainless. The only titanium pipe i know of on the market is the newest M&D Pipe (and a bit over $200 for it)

Back