FYI Sport20 hydro builders

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P THOMAS

Supporting Member
Vendor
I see that John decided to not print any sport 20 hydro rule proposal for discussion in the IMPBA Roostertail.

So If you have a boat to be setup for the 2005 race the strut can be under the boat or on the transom. I know a couple that built boats this year with strut on the transom.

The Gas Sport rules allow this and i suspect the sport 20 hydro will go this way too, since they will allow this at the Internats race, so it follows that sport40 should be ok with that change too in the future.

Hope the IMPBA board will get all the sport classes setup with the same set of rules. Less confusion i think would be a good thing.

Phil

Bill Zuber posted this to be used for the 2005 IMPBA Internats race.

These are the RULES that will be used at the 2005 Internats !

Not the proposed rules that John Equi is posting in the December Roostertail.

• Sport 21 Hydro rules

• Boat must be inboard powered.

• Hull must be a three (3) point hydroplane configuration and resemble a limited or an Unlimited hydroplane design of past or present. Hulls NOT permitted: outrigger, modified outrigger, tunnels, or canard hulls.

• Boat must have a name, or sponsors name, or logo, or a racing number affixed to the hull. (A local or national or fictitious sponsor name is acceptable.)

• Hull shall have a minimum length of 27 inches, and a maximum length of 35 inches. If the bow is recessed behind the tips of the sponsons, that recess shall be no larger than 25% of the overall length of the boat. *

• Boat must have a driver in open cockpit or simulated enclosed cockpit.

• NO part of the strut shall have a width greater than ½ inch or a length longer than 2 ½ inches.

• See sport hydro hull pictorial for clarification of Sport Hull configurations.

Engine Specifications

• IMPBA class B engine allowed in Sport 20 Hydro

• Twin engine installations are allowed in Sport 20 Hydro

What the IMPBA board finially decides to do will take some time im sure, but we will have some guidelines to go by till then.

Phil T

THIS IS WHAT I SENT IN TO ADD SPORT 20 TO THE SPORT 40 RULES

Proposal to add SPORT20 HYDRO to rule book.

Page H7 revision

Sportsman Hydro

1 Boat must be inboard powered.

2 Hull must be a three (3) point hydroplane configuration and resemble a Limited or Unlimited hydroplane design of past or present.

Hulls NOT permitted: outrigger, modified outrigger, tunnel, or canard hulls.

3 Boat must have a name, or sponsors name, or logo, or a racing number affixed to the hull.

(a local or national or fictitious sponsor name is acceptable)

4 SPORT 20 HYDRO shall have a minimum hull length of 27 inches. Max 35 inches.

SPORT 40 HYDRO shall have a minimum hull length of 35 inches. Max 40 inches.

5 If the bow is recessed behind the tips of the sponsons, that recess shall be no larger than 25% of the overall length of the boat. (refer to Sport Hull Configurations)

6 Boat must have a driver in open cockpit or simulated enclosed cockpit

7 NO part of the strut may protrude behind the transom of the boat, or have a width greater than 9/16 inch or a length longer than 3 inches.

8 See Sport Hull pictorial for clarification of Sport Hull Configurations.

Engine Specifications

1 IMPBA class B engine allowed in SPORT 20 HYDRO

IMPBA class D engine allowed in SPORT40 HYDRO

2 Twin engine installations are NOT allowed in SPORT 40 HYDRO

General Rules

Racing to be conducted following current IMPBA Contest and Racing Rules, Racing Procedures and format.

PHIL THOMAS

OK Phil,

Here's a technical question I can not find in the rules for either Sport 20 or 40.

ARE BELLY PANS ALLOWED IN THESE 2 CLASSES?

And if so what are the maximum dimensions?

missbudpilot55 said:
OK Phil,Here's a technical question I can not find in the rules for either Sport 20 or 40.

ARE BELLY PANS ALLOWED IN THESE 2 CLASSES?

And if so what are the maximum dimensions?

78486[/snapback]

The rules for sport are in the impba rules book

The rules posted above are the sport40 rules page with the sport 20 additions.

I will be getting member signatures and getting the rule proposal to the dist director in my area. Ill get this done at the May races.

The impba rules allow bellypans no dimension is stated.

Namba rule have 1/2 deep for sport20 belly pans and 3/8 deep for sport40, i think thats the rule.

Back