Fuel tanks in 1/th scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmtboy2

Supporting Member
Just wanted to get an idea what size tanks are you running in your scales, i am upgrading my fuel setup and need some ideas on main tank and hopper tank sizes

I run a 16 oz and a 2 oz hopper tank in my Miss US. I start the motor at 1minute 45 seconds. Make 2 laps to the start of the race. Comes in with hopper full and about 2 oz in main tank. KEN

Two 8 Oz tanks in a chisel nose running a K 67 on 45%.

No problem with fuel.

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

President-Southern California Scale Thunderboat Association

Al Waters said:
Two 8 Oz tanks in a chisel nose running a K 67 on 45%. No problem with fuel.
I used to get by on 2 8oz & a 1oz hopper but not anymore. Besides the extra fuel let's you get in early. I've seen too many times where guys can't start until 1:45 or even 1:30 because of fuel capacity only to have something like a bad glow plug or flooded motor not get launched in time........... :blink:

Hey Guys,

Wish I could help but I'm running 32 sub-c cells in my 1/8th scale, they hold a bit over 3300mah if that helps. ;) :D

Paul.

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hey Guys,
Wish I could help but I'm running 32 sub-c cells in my 1/8th scale, they hold a bit over 3300mah if that helps. ;) :D

Paul.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14 oz main and a 2 oz sump. With plenty to spare. Even with 2 min mill I usually run around 12 oz. I have never got into the sump.

Mike

It all depends on your application like what motor, pipe, prop, boat weight, nitro %, elevation you run at, etc, etc, etc. I know Charles is asking as I've seen him run out of fuel on his last lap more times than he would like to remember. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Between the tanks and my no good fuel doctor, i lost one race with about 50 ft to go, 2-3 races with the front straight to go and miss the final in New York by half a lap. I have since put 2 new tanks in 16 oz main with a 2oz hopper. Thanks for all the info guys B)

Latest posts

Back