fuel tank options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi guys...I'm building a gas scale T6 with a rear exhaust RCMK. The question is...Does anyone use these IV bags as fuel tanks? I have one sitting in the bench and not sure how to install or to fill up for that matter. Would I be better off using a white plastic tank used for glow fuel?

Thanks

Norm

Hi guys...I'm building a gas scale T6 with a rear exhaust RCMK. The question is...Does anyone use these IV bags as fuel tanks? I have one sitting in the bench and not sure how to install or to fill up for that matter. Would I be better off using a white plastic tank used for glow fuel?

Thanks

Norm
iv bags are common in gas boats here in aussie they seem to be hassle free. the pluses of using them you can put it whereever you want it ,as for plastic tanks you need a dedicated space to mount them and carry limeted fuel as to the bag you get alot more in it if desired.

wayne.

Norm,

I have installed the RCMK r254 evo (with rear exhaust)in my U5 Formulaboats.com As fuel tank I installed a 20 ounce dubro tank underneath the deck. I installed an extra autobailer in the rightshoe fot getting the water out.

Regards,

Rene

hydro1.jpg

hydro2.jpg

hydro3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinslip.

If you use one of the Sullivan or Dubro plastic tanks make sure you get the proper stopper for the tank - they make for Nitro and for Gas. Gas fuel lines also. Gasoline doesn't do a whole lot for silicione tubing normally used with nitro applications. CHEERS !!! Bob

I use the IV bags in my Mono and my Crackerbox. I use a T in the line to fill them with a fuel dot on the deck. You will need the yellow tygon tubing as the silicone doesn't hold up to gasoline. You will also need a fuel fitting to push in the end of the bag to attach the tygon tubing. If you use a Sullivan tank make sure you get the black stopper that is designed for gasoline. The regular one wil disintegrate. I have a gas scale planned and I intend on using an IV bag in that as well. Although I will probably use a 1000ml bag like I have in my Crackerbox as opposed to the 500ml bag that is in my Mono. The 1000ml bags are harder to come by as most of the gas parts websites only sell the 500ml and 250ml bags. The Baxter bags are the best. There are others but the fittings in the end are funky. I manage to get mine from my vet clinic. They give me the 1000ml bags when they are done but not all of them have the Baxter bags. I won't put a fuel dot in the deck of my scale I will probably put a stopper fitting in one of the tub sides or just leave it loose and short with a stopper in the line. I have a stainless bolt in a wood block glued to the bottom that the hole in the end of the bag slides over and then a rubber cap over the end of the bolt holds the bag secure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back