Flow numbers for Mac 84

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katman

Anyone have a good starting point on numbers for Mac 84 using Boris Mazer unit.

Anyone have a good starting point on numbers for Mac 84 using Boris Mazer unit.
Flow numbers mean nothing unless everyone is running the same viscosity of fuel. the frst thing that effects the flow number is the difference in the viscosity of fuel... then the Air Quality..... & whos meter your using & if it has a single air pump or dual air pumps.

Run and tune your boat...when you have reached the optimal tune, take a flow reading in front of your fuel filters with the carb barrels wide open, and those will be "your numbers for that particular boat and set up."

Don't forget to backflush your fuel filters with a brake cleaner after each run or every other run.

Have fun!

Keith,

If you have a Boris meter, single pump unit, Gen 1-3A, look for around 45 as a starting setting. It will be in the ballpark. I have even seen differences in the Boris meters from one unit to another. Nothing is absolute.

Joe is right that there are variables with fuel, oil, air, etc. But it will get you to a starting point.

Keith,

If you have a Boris meter, single pump unit, Gen 1-3A, look for around 45 as a starting setting. It will be in the ballpark. I have even seen differences in the Boris meters from one unit to another. Nothing is absolute.

Joe is right that there are variables with fuel, oil, air, etc. But it will get you to a starting point.
Keith,

John gave the perfect answer to your question.

Have fun

Thanks Guys, Putting some new violet needles on the macs . Elias, do you want me to flow thru the filters.

Keith

Thanks Guys, Putting some new violet needles on the macs . Elias, do you want me to flow thru the filters.

Keith
Always flow through your entire fuel system that you will be running in the boat. Only true reflection of what the fuel flow will be. I take my fuel tubing off the tank and flow it then. Make sure carb is completely wide open when flowing the engine. Ensure you are using large fuel tubing size and nothing smaller.

Been a few years since we have raced together. Will be good to reconnect at Atlanta.

Thanks John, will disconnect from the tank and flow it then. Yes it has been a fews years. Will be good to see you at Atlanta.

Keith, here what you have to do.

Trim the carbs. 50 percent open with the transmitter.

Then take your radio and lock it inside your truck.

Start the first motor and adjust the needle until you achieve a clean fast idle. Richen or lean as needed to control rpm.

Stop the motor and let it rest.

Start the second motor and adjust the needle until you achieve a clean fast idle. Richer or lean as needed to control rpm.

Take a break clear your mind and get ready to rock and roll.

Start first motor, get it to fast idle.

Start the second motor and sinchronize it to the first motor using the needle.

Go get the transmitter and have fun.

Keep in mind, if you sinchronize motors with carbs less than 50 percent open you are going to be lean and the boat will not launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
And make sure the Carb barrel valves are 100 percent perfectly the same openings. They need to be timed together the #1 most important thing before you begin the tune it all........

Keith, here what you have to do.

Trim the carbs. 50 percent open with the transmitter.

Then take your radio and lock it inside your truck.

Start the first motor and adjust the needle until you achieve a clean fast idle. Richen or lean as needed to control rpm.

Start the second motor and adjust the needle until you achieve a clean fast idle. Richer or lean as needed to control rpm.

Take a break clear your mind and get ready to rock and roll.

Start first motor, get it to fast idle.

Start the second motor and sinchronize it to the first motor using the needle.

Go get the transmitter and have fun.

Keep in mind, if you sinchronize motors with carbs less than 50 percent open you are going to be lean and the boat will not launch.
Great advice Jose!

Thanks guys, Thanks Jose, thats alot easier than the way I was doing it. We had massive amounts of rain 2 weeks ago

and I've got some water in the lake. will put it in the water this weekend which will also give me a chance to use Marks new head buttons.

Keith

Jose,

adjusted the needles using your way. It got me real close. I rested a few minutes and fired that puppy up and put it in the water.

Our airplane flying site and boating site are side by side. Those guys started looking over when it cranked. took about three laps at half throttle

then squeezed the trigger. Jesus, it was fast. Never had the needles that close before. All the plane guys were over in no time and amazed

at the speed of a twin. Broke a shaft on the third run. Just hope it runs that good in a few weeks. Thanks

again Jose

Back