Fix for pipe coupler slip

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike stover

Looking for ideas or tricks to keep the silicone pipe coupler from slipping off a carbon fiber pipe.

Any and all ideas welcome.

Mike

I will try to get pics up in a few, it is a JAE 12 with a new carbon fiber pipe I just bought. Within two laps it blows the pipe off. Yes it has a zip tie, but once the exhaust starts sending a little unburned oil through, it blows off.

Mike

Clean the pipe and rough the end with sand paper. Take thread and wrap it around the pipe close to the end. Wrap it enough times to make a small flange. Then soak with CA glue. Works for me.

when I used them, I ran a bead of quick set epoxy around the end. Just kept turning it until it setup enough not to sag or drip off. This kept the coupler from slipping off the pipe once you applied a zip tie. The lip would hold it tight.

Cleaning the pipe and silicone coupler with white spirit (alcohol) prior to putting the coupler on the pipe always gave me good results. That and a good pipe mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get you some spring clamps like used on foreign cars for the heater hose works great.They come in all sizes.

Dave Roach

Clean the pipe and rough the end with sand paper. Take thread and wrap it around the pipe close to the end. Wrap it enough times to make a small flange. Then soak with CA glue. Works for me.
Thought of doing this to mine but settled for what Rodney did!!!! All I could find around the house was dental floss :D

Thanks for the ideas guys.

One other question though, what would be a good starting point for a carbon fiber pipe on a Jae 12 with a Nova Rossi 12. My Mac pipe worked great at around 7 1/4" but this pipe is tiny compared to it. Would I just use a long pipe coupler. Just for comparison, it is about the same size as Glenn's texan pipe. There would be two inches between the header and pipe.

The header has been cut for a Mac pipe.

Latest posts

Back