First time trying FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawdaddy

Well, I finally finished up the little micro outrigger and went to the pond for a shake down run. Mt first attempt at FE turned into SLOW-elec. Ran good for about 20 feet and then stopped, released the trigger and hit it again for about 20 feet then died. Got it to the bank and found the lipo was nice and smelly and had burnt the wires into. I have attached pics for everyone to pick apart and maybe I can get this thing figured out. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Specs:
Dromica 25 amp esc
Dromica 28mm 5300 kv motor
E-flite 1300mAh @20c
26mm plastic prop

0903161249.jpg

0903161248a.jpg

0903161248.jpg

0729161632_HDR.jpg

You've used the the wrong type of cells and connectors, I run turnigy 2500mah cells and deans connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, too much current pulled for that connector. So where did you get the info on the setup that you are running? Just a guess? Or a recommened setup?

Yep, too much current pulled for that connector. So where did you get the info on the setup that you are running? Just a guess? Or a recommened setup?
Bought the boat with that motor/esc combo off the web. I just had to put the thing together.

Ok...If it were mine, I would go with a motor with around 2800-3400KV (outrunner would be great), 60 amp esc, 1300 3S 25C (or better 35C+) and a 432 or 632 prop...just gotta watch heat...check Temps after a min of open runs. You may be able to go more than 1300 mah lipo...more mah=more runtime....you would just have to watch the size of the pack to make sure it will fit. Also, go with at least 4mm bullets (5.5's from OSE would be great) on the lipo to esc leads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where would be a good place to look for a new motor. I've checked osc and looks like the smallest they have is a 36 mm. Thanks for all your help.

Go with the 3300kv 5D leopard....If you go with this motor and go with the 60 amp seaking esc, get the program card for the ESC too. Motor timing should be set a 0.0 with this setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are the bomb!!! Guess I need to put in an order, And have I told y'all this is for my 8 yr old daughter. She was mad when I told her I set her boat on fire.

I have 2 x632 props

1. 2.65" TE cup

2.13" pitch

32.77 mm DIA

2. 3.00 TE cup

2.25" pitch

32.68 mm DIA

You are the bomb!!! Guess I need to put in an order, And have I told y'all this is for my 8 yr old daughter. She was mad when I told her I set her boat on fire.
Haha...well fix it daddy! Cone on what is taking so long!

I can hear mine saying the same thing
default_smile.png

Back