FireFighter Gas rigger setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigged

Anyone have any setup tips with the FF Gas rigger? Bruce (Roxyflash) has been building me one, and getting everything ordered ready to get it in the water but unsure about a few things.

Should i offset the strut or mount it centered?

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to mounting the rudder on the left?

How deep under the tub or sponsons should the rudder be, and the turn fin?

Any idea on props? It will be powered by my QD25HT & Hotpipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any setup tips with the FF Gas rigger? Bruce (Roxyflash) has been building me one, and getting everything ordered ready to get it in the water but unsure about a few things.
Should i offset the strut or mount it centered? Centered is good

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to mounting the rudder on the left? I'm always on the right.... never had a problem

How deep under the tub or sponsons should the rudder be, and the turn fin? fin will depend on the fin..... ask the fin maker. I just left my rudder full size. have not played with that yet.

Any idea on props? It will be powered by my QD25HT & Hotpipe. This part i'm still figuring out myself...

hope that helps????

tom

Ok thanks Tom. What turnfin do you use on yours? I believe im gonna try the fin from ZippKits, which is a pretty long blade.

Have you run yours?

v967~6719~6720, or 1467~1667

if your flex shaft is going to be 1/4" with a 3/16th's step down ill loan you a few props to get you going.

i have a 1667/2 and a 1475/2 with 6.4" cup ill try on it. No 3/16 stepdown shafts for me, thanks though.

my fin is from virgina craftsman..... no longer available....

ran it a cuple times.... need to sort out my cowl

Back