Feeler Thread?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very fast for a stock b tunnel... but pretty normal for a .12 rigger.

Yeah,.. if your A hydro only goes as fast as a stock B tunnel you have something wrong with it.
Mark Hoppers' stock B tunnel was running 54.8 last weekend. :)
im in i only have 3 of em now, a sgx15 , a bantam , and some bantam modified deal that anthony thought up. waiting to have the arrival of the newest of my fleet, but more on that later, so i have enough to fill a class at any race..maybe i should rent them out to give people a feel for it befor ethey buy?? kinda like a traveling circus.. only faster..lol

terry

We had 6 A boats running today at Ricks Hobby Farm in New Richmond Wisconsin. Our club runs it as an A open class as there ar riggers and traditional style hydros in the class.

Bring your A Hydros to the Minnesota State Championships. October 5th Nicols Rd. Pond Egan MN. IMPBA sanctioned.

Larry

We built the first Hammerhead .12's a good 6 years ago hoping that the class would take off. Wade and I had my sister laser cut 6 good kits for R&D. So far unfortunately the class hasn't turned out like people wished for way back then. Yes, they are fun, fast and cheap but it takes others out theree to show theirs off to see how much fun we're having. Wade got everything that I had including spare parts, hardware and props when I got me an attitude one day.

I've got 3 .12 monos in the basement, the first one that I built almost 10 years ago after the "A" class size was upped to .129 and still haven't seen a race. A Sport 12 hull and hardware are in the mail that should be here any day. For some reason I'm not holding my breath waiting for that class to take off.

Part of what I've seen are gripes that there are already too many classes for even 2-day races. Previously nearly dead classes are making a comeback and more classes for gas boats are being formed.

Hey, I'm all for it and have been for many a moon but just waiting for something in the "A" class to happen.

Hi Guys,

This is a good friend Chuck Giesen's .12 hydro. Its a Blazzin .12 with some personal changes , running a NR .12 off ebay macs pipe and 215 prop. The traffic in the back ground is going 60-65mph. We will see how it goes next weekend at Flint :)

Paul

oh yeah i think he said sidewinder 45% fuel

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell Chuck to bring along a V-937/3 ot V-940/3 if he wants more speed out of it. He'll be needing some high nitro. If he needs a little I can bring along some 65%.

See ya Saturday as I plan on making the drive over there. Dress warm as it's going to be kind of cold in the morning.

You'd think that after last weekend at the Flint record trials the interest level might go up. There were 4 or 5 of these little critters running there.

When you start seeing some big name SAW guys trying to break the record, you know that they found something that's fun and fast! In this sense I won't use the word cheap thought as there was some serious high-tech stuff going on. Paul's "low-dollar" version was running (correct me if I'm wrong Paul) 58 MPH in race trim. Others were up in the 70's.

Yes Ron 58.777mph thru the traps and Walt got it on the radar at 61mph for a top speed. In my case I was more than happy, I just wanted to officially do 50mph and I did that on my first pass. I will say if you want a "A" heat race class in your district you have to build and race it against whatever class you can. The more your boat is seen the more interest will be taken in it. I am seeing that in D4 interest is coming up, my first season I was the only A hydro, second season I raced with 4 other A hydro (unfortunately never more than 1 other at any given race). This next coming year I have seen another already and have heard about 3 other's being built in D4, so if all goes well the first race of the season next year at badgers will have a full fledge 5-6 boat A hydro class :)

Paul

Ron regarding low cost, how much more expensive are SAW .12 boats? I figured my boat was right in the same money class with the others, some SAW boats might even be cheaper.

TCMBC had some great A rigger action this last weekend. I think it was are biggest class of the weekend! These things are pure fun.

There was a group of guys around here building .12 sized "Thunderboats" That would be a fun class too.

Those would be great for the proposed Sport 12 class!

Now if we just get one of those A/A .12's .......... :)

Yea, Andy are you still toying with the idea of a front ex motor. The world is waiting. Ryon

Back