Feeler Thread?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOM MOORE

I would just like to take a straw pole as to how many racers would like to see a .12 outrigger hydro class in the IMPBA? Just to see if there would be any interest. Please respond. :D

Thanks Tom

Oops i think we have a a-b hydro which gos from.13 through .21 eng. How many people would consider building a 12 hydro, or starting an A Class .12 only class of boats. I really think it would be a great bit of fun, and the cost of running the little hydros is pretty cheap. Just checking to see if there would be any interest.

Tom

Oops i think we have a a-b hydro which gos from.13 through .21 eng. How many people would consider building a 12 hydro, or starting an A Class .12 only class of boats. I really think it would be a great bit of fun, and the cost of running the little hydros is pretty cheap. Just checking to see if there would be any interest.
Tom
The IMPBA A class goes from 0 to .129. The cost certainly is lower than the bigger boats and it should be fun. Several people seem to be experimenting with them in both riggers and sport hydros. To grow interest, consider not limiting your races to outriggers. Keep it with the standard hydro definition. That way, someone could run a rigger, sport hydro, or even a cat, as long as the engine is within the size specs. This will increase the number of people who can run. If a subset such as sport hydro gains enough interest you can then add a class for them.

An "a" size open race would be cool...

Tom
The IMPBA A class goes from 0 to .129. The cost certainly is lower than the bigger boats and it should be fun. Several people seem to be experimenting with them in both riggers and sport hydros. To grow interest, consider not limiting your races to outriggers. Keep it with the standard hydro definition. That way, someone could run a rigger, sport hydro, or even a cat, as long as the engine is within the size specs. This will increase the number of people who can run. If a subset such as sport hydro gains enough interest you can then add a class for them.

I have been running a "A Hydro" for 2 yrs now. Last season I never saw another "A" on the water racing but I did race my .12 against the .21's all year. This season I have run my .12 in 4 "A hydro" classes (non of these races had more than 2 boats, but its starting to gain a little interest in D4) and one Unlimited class at Nats. I for one will continue my A hydro boat for some time.

Paul

I did run my .12 at the Indy Masters, they had 1 rtr boat in the class to make 3 boats. I wouldnt mind running against any rtr (even modded rtr's). Ya gotta think that running against anything would be a easier than running against the "B hydro's" in this district.

Last edited by a moderator:
A's are awesome! I have a A rigger and love running it. When set up right they run faster than the B (.21) sport tunnels The TCMBC runs the A's as an open class. meaning any style hull. This year we have had up to 8 running in a heat.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep it coming guys, a open A class sounds like fun and a good idea. We Need to get this class going lets GO. Come on with all your ideas.

Tom

hey,sounds like a great idea,count me in....ive seen pauls 12 rigger run great.i need to find me a kit or prebuild or some one selling...great idea,thanks

hey,sounds like a great idea,count me in....ive seen pauls 12 rigger run great.i need to find me a kit or prebuild or some one selling...great idea,who's making kits,thanks

A's awesome! I have a A rigger and love running it. When set up right they run faster than the B (.21) sport tunnels The TCMBC runs the A's as an open class. meaning any style hull. This year we have had up to 8 running in a heat.
Mark
A .12 rigger is going to be my winter project, so there'll be 1 more at District 6 for a few of the races (along with my .21). BTW My offer still stands to come up here and run on the bay I live on (before the snow flies).

todd

this is something i've been kicking around for a winter build. i've considered riggers before, but the cost (can't help it if i'm cheap, er, i mean frugal) & the learning curve always held me back. i don't have a local club, or even other boaters to run with, so any help i receive would be here, or only 5 times a year, at dist. races. confident i could learn, and it seems that an "a" class boat would be a "kinder, gentler" way than the bigger/faster classes. already been pursuing a couple of .12 riggers, when finances allow. unemployment SUX, will work for nitro :p :lol: :lol: !!

A's awesome! I have a A rigger and love running it. When set up right they run faster than the B (.21) sport tunnels The TCMBC runs the A's as an open class. meaning any style hull. This year we have had up to 8 running in a heat.
Mark
A .12 rigger is going to be my winter project, so there'll be 1 more at District 6 for a few of the races (along with my .21). BTW My offer still stands to come up here and run on the bay I live on (before the snow flies).

todd
Hey Todd that sounds awesome dude. I can give you some good idea's about them .12 riggers. I learned a ton this last summer.

Mark

I'm really glad to see this thread. I have been talking up the .12 class since Nova put these LT 12 motors together for such a good price. I am also setting myself up to be a "Go-To" place for small (.12 and .21) boats stuff. Motors, pipes, hardware, boats, parts, etc...I either have it now or will have it shortly. My goal is to make it easy (and as inexpensive) as possible to get top quality race stuff for these boats.

Keep up the excitement...I will do all I can to help!

Glenn

Back