FE OUT BOARD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Wadlow

got a good motor and ESC i think. when I have a minute I will get yall the particulars on it.....using a Irwin Composite lower unit and will adapt my self;. and ideas would be great... thinking on letting a villain take on the HP that it will put out. any suggestions would be great..........thanks in advance ;)

Scott, Hope all is well over your way. I was hoping you would get a bunch of replies to your thread as I am in the same boat. I'm building one too. I have a motor,ESC,battery, and a lower unit. But it's all new to me too. I have 3 hulls built that have boxes big enough to hold the required batteries. I'm waiting on Dumas to ship me some cowls. Here's a link to an earlier thread that may help some. (you may have already seen it) Later, Mike

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showto...outboard+tunnel

There is probably more FE outboard tunnel threads on Rumrunner and Offshore electric fourms .

Most FE Outboard tunnel racing is P Spec racing . SV or Black Jack power and ESCs on 4S lipos .

I don't know of any clubs racing anything else. P Spec setups are very compitive with Stock OPC set ups

I have 2 hulls I race set up like yours .

What info are you looking for ?

Hey Scott,

It all depends on the power you are willing to throw at the Villain. The Villain handles speeds upto 50MPH (a Nue 1515 1y/Castle 120/ X438 Prop Mild timing get nearly 55MPH) But getting over that in RACE water it comes un-stuck easily. The Vilain will be great with an AQ setup on the back and should push it to near the 45MPH mark

Cheers

Kris

Scott, Hope all is well over your way. I was hoping you would get a bunch of replies to your thread as I am in the same boat. I'm building one too. I have a motor,ESC,battery, and a lower unit. But it's all new to me too. I have 3 hulls built that have boxes big enough to hold the required batteries. I'm waiting on Dumas to ship me some cowls. Here's a link to an earlier thread that may help some. (you may have already seen it) Later, Mikehttp://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showto...outboard+tunnel
Flyguy, Is it ok to add extensions to the motor to ESC cables (3-5")? The wire are short on both the motor and ESC I have and I'm going to have to do something to get them close enough. Also what size battery (4s) do I need to get thru 5 minutes or so? Thanks for your help. Mike

Scott, Hope all is well over your way. I was hoping you would get a bunch of replies to your thread as I am in the same boat. I'm building one too. I have a motor,ESC,battery, and a lower unit. But it's all new to me too. I have 3 hulls built that have boxes big enough to hold the required batteries. I'm waiting on Dumas to ship me some cowls. Here's a link to an earlier thread that may help some. (you may have already seen it) Later, Mikehttp://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showto...outboard+tunnel
Flyguy, Is it ok to add extensions to the motor to ESC cables (3-5")? The wire are short on both the motor and ESC I have and I'm going to have to do something to get them close enough. Also what size battery (4s) do I need to get thru 5 minutes or so? Thanks for your help. Mike
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/brushles...stem/index.html

here is a link to the ESC and motor set up that I have. All this data doesnt mean to much to me...... I need to know what batteries I can throw at it and all that good stuff.

I am going to take a guess here and say that if that motor was going to work in a boat application, you would only want to run it on 2S (I assume the RPM per Volt is 4800)

2S is probably not going to run too well with the villain, too heavy.

In all honesty you need to get a hold of an Aquacraft or Ammo motor and even a Aquacraft controller or Castle 120 and run it on 4S (if you have a VS-1 you want to convert to FE)

Cheers

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back