Fall Nationals Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The race has been completed and the racing was intense, very competitive and fun to participate in and watch. We completed over 190 heats, for 4 rounds in 26 classes, two run offs and the Twin Rigger Championship race, and were finished racing before 3 pm today. An absolutely fantastic job by Randy Premo, the primary race CD, to keep things moving along very well and in his calls made. This was an outstanding race!

Race results were as follows:

Sport B (20) Tunnel

1st - James Beasley

2nd - Jim Johnson

3rd - Bill Britton

B Tunnel

1st - John Otto

2nd - Steve Hearl

3rd - Buddy Lowe

Sport D (40) Tunnel

1st - Mic Halbrehder

2nd - Chris Wittrig

3rd - Dick Loeb

D Tunnel

1st - Chris Wittrig

2nd - Don Gilbert

3rd - Buddy Lowe

Gas Tunnel

1st - Mitch Atwell Sr - Perfect Score

2nd - Julian Conde

3rd - James Beasley

B (20) Hydro

1st - Steve Ball

2nd - Tim Jones

3rd - Al Naumann

D (40) Hydro

1st - Rod Hendricks - Perfect Score

2nd - Curtiss Samuel

3rd - Rick Glover

E (60) Hydro

1st - Curtiss Samuel

2nd - Tom Foley

3rd - Joe Warren

F (80+) Hydro

1st - Tom Foley - Twin engines

2nd - Buckshot Shackelford - Single engine

3rd - Joe Warren - Twin engines

Twin Nitro Rigger

1st - Doc Turner

2nd - Tom Foley

3rd - Nub Kopisca

B (20) Mono

1st - Jim Johnson

2nd - Buddy Lowe

3rd - James Beasley

D (40) Mono

1st - Tim Jones

2nd - Joe Warren

3rd - Gene Mongar

E (60) Mono

1st - Gene Mongar

2nd - Rick Bellinger

3rd - Chuck Simmons

F (80+) Mono

1st - Joe Warren

2nd - Chuck Simmons

3rd - Tommy Cardoso

LSG Mono

1st - Eric Lis

2nd - Mike Butler

3rd - Winton Artz

LSG Cat

1st - Rod Hendricks

2nd - Eric Lis

3rd - Earl Eber

LSG Rigger

1st - Alex Black - 15 years old

2nd - Lupe Perez

3rd - Richie Corbin

LSG Sport Hydro

1st - Eric Lis

2nd - Mike Butler - by runoff

3rd - Josh Black - 13 years old

Thunderboat

1st - Ray Hotckhin

2nd - Buddy Lowe

3rd - Mike Butler

LSG Open Stock

1st - Ray Hotchkin

2nd - Richie Corbin

3rd - Eddie Corbin

LSG Twin Rigger

1st - Ross Medina

2nd - Raul Rodriguez

3rd - Randy Corbin

Jersey Skiff

1st - Don McGurn

2nd - Earl Eber

3rd - Mike Butler

1/8 Scale

1st - Rick Bellinger

2nd - Joe Wiebelhaus - by runoff

3rd - Don Ferrette

Sport D (40) Hydro

1st - Joe Wiebelhaus

2nd - Rick Bellinger

3rd - Buddy Lowe

Open Offshore

1st - Don McGurn

2nd - Rusty Corbin

3rd - Eric Lis

RTR .18 Hydro

1st - Doug Carter - WATER BABY and went into the lake

2nd - Candy Rentz - WATER BABY and went into the lake

3rd - Debra Farrow - WATER BABY and went into the lake

TWIN RIGGER CHAMPION

Ross Medina (gas) winning a very close (20') race over Nub Kopisca (nitro)

MANY THANKS to those that attended and watched all the action through the MeTime Productions web broadcast. Everyone that spoke to me noted they will be coming back next year and bringing others with them. MeTime noted that many watching the webcast also stated the same. Looks like the 2010 race will be an early sellout. Also many thanks for the race sponsors whose generous support made the race possible.

Now it is time for some rest, finally!!

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Look's like we have an up and coming superstar, Alex Black!! good job in the big fast classes!!
biggrin.gif
good job by all too!!

After a weekend of long days and lots of work to put on a show like this, suprised to see the results so quick, thanks John

After a weekend of long days and lots of work to put on a show like this, suprised to see the results so quick, thanks John
From watching on ME TIME it was a first class act congrats to all involved workers and boaters alike

Ditto that Mike- these guys are getting props before the even hit the road home in the am- AWESOME B)

Andy

KILLER RACE ....GREAT TIME !!!!!! Just got to the house and unloading ..needed a fix ! This could be the best race I personally have ever been to . The CMB Club and associates really banded together to make this a fun event CD 'ing was fantastic , lake is perfect , great area to be in . So glad to have been able to meet everyone and put faces and names together !

Back to work cleaning boats ...I will post a bunch of pictures later . Big thanks to Me Time for the coverage . :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wished the Twins weren't cleaned up and put away when the announcement was made on the event, NITRO VS GAS...next time GASSERS! :lol:

Good Runs on your F and twin class Tom. Good for Florida. I may have to dust off my twin

and F and come to Orlando in Jan. and play with you guys. I drag Glover along.

Keith

It was a Great Weekend!!! Met Alot of People and Saw Alot of Friends!! This Community of People Are The Best!!!

More Races Like This and the Hobart Race are What It's All About!!!

I Didn't Win Diddly Squat But I Don't Care About That As Long As I Can Spend a Few Days With Quality People Like I Did At Charleston!!

Hope To See You All Again Soon!!!!!!!!!

I would like to personally thank everyone involved for making my experience at the Fall Nats great.......

John Knight- All the work leading up to the big game.

Gabe Clegg- CD, Pit Boss and Me-Time Broadcast.

Jeni Johnson- Keeping the Heats stacked to go.

Scott Norris- THE PIT BOSS every club needs.

Don Gilbert, Dizzy Dean and Rick Glover- Eyeballs for 188 heats...

Steve Ball- CD work and making Marty smile all weekend. :)

Mike Hemric- Me-Time Broadcaster and giving me someone to yell at. :D

Doug and Kerri Carter- PICS, VIDEO and Race Broadcast.

All the retrieve team- Couldn't have done it without y'all.

Most of all- Faces to go with all the names and a great weekend of racing.

192 heats + pulling a 8 minute per heat average = EFFORT BY ALL...... :D

CMB - Your a class act. Thanks for putting up with me.

Randy

way to go D-12!! james, buddy, jim, chris, dick, julian, tim, mike, ray, earl, eric, & both dons. sweeping 2 class' also - 20 mono & jersey skiff. awesome showing, makes me proud to race with you guys. congrats to all of you.

It was a Great Weekend!!! Met Alot of People and Saw Alot of Friends!! This Community of People Are The Best!!!

More Races Like This and the Hobart Race are What It's All About!!!

I Didn't Win Diddly Squat But I Don't Care About That As Long As I Can Spend a Few Days With Quality People Like I Did At Charleston!!

Hope To See You All Again Soon!!!!!!!!!
i need to blame someone for my poor showing! i spent way to much time in the retrieve boat scott :(

so there it is, not my fault. anyway it was great to meet you guys, can't wait to do it all over again next year :D

tim

Well it's back to the grind at work but what an awesome time we had, best of all it didn't rain for 3 straight days this time!! Lots of fun and great racing, got all winter to think about my brain fart blowing over the scale in that one round when I didn't need to push it anywhere near so hard. (hmmmm, maybe that 150 decibel cheerleading from the Atwells during that heat got me a little too pumped up. :p ) The twin came home with some serious battle scars spending Sunday in the trailer but it's nothing a new set of front sponsons, new boom tubes and some TLC won't fix. The CMB club put on another super event that I will certainly plan to attend again next year as it was great to see good friends, make some new ones and watch some of the young guns duke it out with the old guard. And as others previously mentioned two of those new young guns to look out for are Josh and Alex Black. Polar opposites as far as how they are but both are really good kids who can DRIVE the sponsons off their boats. Josh already has that bad mo-fo strut going but the kid can back it up on the pond and did so with a 3rd in gas sport hydro. Alex on the other hand just quietly blends into the scenery but kicked butt when it mattered winning the gas rigger class, he let his boat do all the talking! Both of those classes were big and the competition stiff so keep your eyes on these two, something tells me Anthony's gonna be hangin' up a lot of trophies for his boys from here on in. Thanks again to the CMB club for a great race, MeTime for some excellent pics, Randy & Gabe for that ever unforgiving job of CD'ing, and to all my racing friends that I got to spend the "extended" weekend with, see ya'll next year. B)

Well it's back to the grind at work but what an awesome time we had, best of all it didn't rain for 3 straight days this time!! Lots of fun and great racing, got all winter to think about my brain fart blowing over the scale in that one round when I didn't need to push it anywhere near so hard. (hmmmm, maybe that 150 decibel cheerleading from the Atwells during that heat got me a little too pumped up. :p ) The twin came home with some serious battle scars spending Sunday in the trailer but it's nothing a new set of front sponsons, new boom tubes and some TLC won't fix. The CMB club put on another super event that I will certainly plan to attend again next year as it was great to see good friends, make some new ones and watch some of the young guns duke it out with the old guard. And as others previously mentioned two of those new young guns to look out for are Josh and Alex Black. Polar opposites as far as how they are but both are really good kids who can DRIVE the sponsons off their boats. Josh already has that bad mo-fo strut going but the kid can back it up on the pond and did so with a 3rd in gas sport hydro. Alex on the other hand just quietly blends into the scenery but kicked butt when it mattered winning the gas rigger class, he let his boat do all the talking! Both of those classes were big and the competition stiff so keep your eyes on these two, something tells me Anthony's gonna be hangin' up a lot of trophies for his boys from here on in. Thanks again to the CMB club for a great race, MeTime for some excellent pics, Randy & Gabe for that ever unforgiving job of CD'ing, and to all my racing friends that I got to spend the "extended" weekend with, see ya'll next year. B)

Great time had by everyone...just sat around Monday enjoying the peace and QUIET! JJ

Great time had by everyone...just sat around Monday enjoying the peace and QUIET! JJ
And to think it only took 3 t-shirts to learn how to SPELL it right. LOL!!! :lol:

I had a BLAST. The Racing was great and the people of CMB were even better.

I would like to take a moment to thank My girlfriend Debbie for throwing my rigger in perfectly all weekend,even though she didn't even know what a rigger was 6 months ago, and I'm so proud of her 3rd place win.... she fought so hard!!! Also to Blaise to his great pork roast He is quite the cook.

Did you guys check out the camping setup that man had attached to his jeep.

Now Thats Camping!!!!!

Thanks to all who put on the Race. I'm sure it takes un-measurable effort to put on such a great event.

Tim

way to go D-12!! james, buddy, jim, chris, dick, julian, tim, mike, ray, earl, eric, & both dons. sweeping 2 class' also - 20 mono & jersey skiff. awesome showing, makes me proud to race with you guys. congrats to all of you.

I had a BLAST. The Racing was great and the people of CMB were even better.

I would like to take a moment to thank My girlfriend Debbie for throwing my rigger in perfectly all weekend,even though she didn't even know what a rigger was 6 months ago, and I'm so proud of her 3rd place win.... she fought so hard!!! Also to Blaise to his great pork roast He is quite the cook.

Did you guys check out the camping setup that man had attached to his jeep.

Now Thats Camping!!!!!

Thanks to all who put on the Race. I'm sure it takes un-measurable effort to put on such a great event.

Tim

Great job FAVIO racing was good. I wanna thank James and buddy for all their help and putting up with me.

It was very unfurtunate that I had mechanical failures in the last 2 heats of B Tunnel after winning first place in the fist 2 heats. I had alot of fun racing the atwells

and meeting doc and Marc from SST racing, Tom "tooo fast " foley , tracy dolphin, steve ball thanks for your good hospitality.

I'm dissapointed with Tom foley he did not want to put his boat together for the twin nitro shoot out. Next time lol

As you guts know I'll be leaving to get deployed in 2 1/2 weeks thank you for everything everyone has done for me and motivating me to stay racing I will miss you guys and you will see me soon and I'll bring the heat to the tunnel boys again lol. Take care keep racing I'll keep you guys posted ok.

Run all out or go home.

" young Jedi "

Just rolled in about an hour ago, THANK YOU Charleston Model Boaters for another great race. Where's the flyer for next year!! :lol: Special thanks to Ant, Alex and Josh, had a blast. WAY B) B) B)

THANKS Charleston Model boaters !! The Beer Mugs will be put to good use!! Congrats to all of the Award winners!! A lot of Fast boats & the Competition was deep in Every class. John Knight & the Charleston club has established THE Fall Race to attend.... Great job to the CD & the helpers of the CD, Thanks to all members that made the calls & starts. It is what makes for a GREAT RACE!! Don McGurn Had THE Fast Gasser the (Purple haze) or blurrrrrrr. There were Many fast Nitro Boats on the Water!! Steve Hearl had a Wicked. I said Wicked Fast Nitro Cat!! Great Time!!! THANKS AGAIN!!

Latest posts

Back