Faith in K&B

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dale

Faith in K&B

I'm starting to beleive in k&b i received my new 7.5 pro today maybe they are really are makeing motors, ;D now maybe some parts are comming next : :) ( snow in toledo today :'( :'( )

Re:Faith in K&B

You know, that would be sweet to see them actually get things rolling. Going well enough to ship to distributors as well. The dist's sell the stuff a heck of a lot cheaper than K&B themselves.(whole motors, anyways)

Dale, usually they are at the Toledo show. I'd like to see what they have to say face-to-face on the problems.

K&B sells the engines and parts at retail so that they are not competing against their dealers. All manufacturers do this regardless of what they are selling.

I'd hate to be the K & B rep working their booth at the upcoming show. He'll definitely going home with a chewed out A@#, and an ear ache from all the pissed off customers! :eek:

Dale

You better take that engine apart and clean it !!

People have been finding shavings and muck in them .

There's been talk on another forum.

Better Safe Than Sorry !!!!!

Let use know how it runs.

Ron,

do you mean their "factory direct price" when you say retail [they've also got retail on there]? i've never tried to buy stuff from a distributer of thiers before so i don't know what the prices are like, it seems like KB's website is suggesting that it's cheaper to buy directly from them though.

Joe

I got it for 289.00 plus shipping ,not to bad i guess ,i'll tear it apart and check it out plus add some super oil additive to the bearings. Dale B ,Ill be at the show asking questoins my self thats for sure. > :(

Average sale price for an 11cc at Tower was 249.00 add the variously available coupons and at one time I could have gotten it for 210.00 'Course that was when they advertised it but, like the rest of us, couldnt get it.

Hea Guys

As Outboard Director for the IMPBA you can dam well bet that they will go home with band-aids on their asses. They will be at the show and so will I... and im going to go easy on them...its the rest of the boaters that are going to inflict damage. ;D

I know that guys are starting to get motors, but that still does not give me that cozy feeling. Where are the rest of the motors? What can we expect for product support? What is K+Bs long-term goal?

I will "WILL" have answers to these questions..

Also gang,,let them know what it is that they are doing to our hobby. Its time for them to poop or get off the pot because im done guessing as to when they will be done with the $ss wipe.

Grim

Could some of you guy's maybe ask them if they have any intention of getting items to foreign country's like europe or something....... Would ne very appreciated.

Anyway it is nice to hear that they are shippings pro's now. :)

Oscar, if and when we can get them in the States, we can make sure that some of our Overseas friends can get some!

Mike, I would love to be there when the $#!t hits the fan! Save some for Saturday. I feel lucky to have 2 7.5 OB's in my dungeon and 1- 3.5.

i'll bet thier rep at the show'll be gettin' payed quite a bit per hour! really seems like they should get thier act together and start making engines pretty **** quick, if they wait much longer we're all gonna give up on 'em and OS'll get a huge jump in sales, as will the other manufaturers that make OB's.

Grim, you've got such a way with words! ;) :p

Joe

Someone with a sick mind may read the bandaid part wrong you know ;) but i didnt, lucky for me

Hope all is sorted out with them, that is if the guys actually turns up...never know he could be reading all these forums talkign abot the hell he will get (as if :p )

Kris

Hi Guy's

It's great that K&B are shipping Pro motors out - but???? what about P&Ls for the 7.5WC and the 3.5ss or WC. There are hundreds if not thousands of these out there that need support.

Somebody convince K&B that their market has this huge vacuum that needs filling or they will kill off the OB class.

I don't think the Mac is going to be as affordable as people hope. Without a good lower (leg) it will just turn into a shaft destroyer.

Grim - have you thought of an attitude adjustment for their rep - I'll bet a Bball bat could make the point. Although I feel sorry for the Rep as he is going to cop some heat at the show.

GT

GT

A Bball bat is just to messy... :p

My real goal is to just get some answers from K+B. I have to be nice as im a representative for our hobby. However they have yanked our chain long enough and we need answers.

You know... I really do not care if K+B ever makes another out board motor. But if they keep saying that they are and they do not...i have a problem with this.. i know others feel different about this and i respect that also.

Also I think your right. If..(big IF) the Mac makes any power worth a darn, it will be useless on a stock 3.5 foot. I have asked Andy what he is thinking and like usual no response. You can bet that the PTO is for .150 cable...WHY ..Andy is a forward thinking guy.. why follow the pack when you have the chance to change the standards.. hell changes people want…!!

Until we start getting high quality, hi power motors Im thinking about switching to thunder tiger.

Speaking from a racers standpoint this whole K+B thing is a problem that we bring on ourselves. "More power Scottie" not "Better racing Scottie".. If you think about it a large portion of what we want from K+B is speed (albeit support for the million motors that are out there now is a good thing also).

Racing to me does mean more power then the next guy and so on but without factory support what have you really got?

grimracer

Grim, thanks for the replie on my earlyer comment and great words above.

Ron thanks also :)

I hope you don't mind me taking the opprtunity of asking if anyone would have a fronthousing for a 7,5 cc ob with the 17 mm crank (part# 8721) I'm stil searching :'(

If not thanks for reading and back to this interesting topic......

Everyone,

My two-cnets... K&B needs to focus on support of the product that exists in the market place and continue to build "good" engines, like the SS series. I think they would be doing disservice to the hobby chasing the the "bigger... better... faster" voice w/in the industry. It may be the loudest voice but necessarily the largest.

There's a price tag that comes with more HP and speed $eriou$ coin. I don't have deep pockets, my K&B is 18 years old and is fine for racing 'till I'm forced to to buy a new engine (out of necesity not a desier to be more competetive). If all that comes to be available are Rossi, CMB & Mac I'll be kissing this hobby good-bye because I've been out priced.

I hope this sport's desire isn't to shed boaters like myself. The voice(s) of reasone need to remain focused on the hobby's true needs.

The soap box is available for the next boater...

chunk t

Even if K&B didn't produce another engine, they could make a killing by making available the parts for the multitude of engines already out there. Ask around--who do you know that needs a new P/L or con rod for an old 3.5?

EVERYBODY, that's who. I'd love to get my hands on two P/Ls for the 12 MM crank! How's that for old?

Back