F1. Tunnel Gas setups

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winston

Any one can give me some info about F1. Gas Tunnel hull carbon fiber set ups and what is the weight of a 1/4 scale F1.Tunnel complete ready to run.

Thanks a lot . Winston ;)

Any one can give me some info about F1. Gas Tunnel hull carbon fiber set ups and what is the weight of a 1/4 scale F1.Tunnel complete ready to run.Thanks a lot . Winston ;)

Winston I can not speak for the Carbon Fiber boat but the glass / resin version is what I am running what Kind of info are you looking for as far as weight I do not know the excact weight but I would say mine is about 8 to 10 pounds maybe more maybe less have not put her on a scale yet. They are not as heavy as you would think.

Good luck with it

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. The Hull that I ordered is the Variants 6 Carbon / Kevlar / epoxy from ossi-modelbau and the outboard is the G-Morty Lower Units, anyway, Please if you can give me some tip of how and where to fit the outboard what so ever , like fuel thank, radio box. Please if you can send me some close up photos I will be much grateful. This is my old F1.Tunnel it is very heavy it is 11 kg, anyway. thanks once again.

Winston

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. The Hull that I ordered is the Variants 6 Carbon / Kevlar / epoxy from ossi-modelbau and the outboard is the G-Morty Lower Units, anyway, Please if you can give me some tip of how and where to fit the outboard what so ever , like fuel thank, radio box. Please if you can send me some close up photos I will be much grateful. This is my old F1.Tunnel it is very heavy it is 11 kg, anyway. thanks once again.Winston

Winston this is what I can tell you

1 you will need some one to build you a custom mount for the motor as you can see the F-1 hulls have a slanted transom make it just like the one that came with your foot but have them exstend the bottom to occumdate the slant. in short have them make it so the motor sits on the back of the boat straight up and down.

2 set the motor the same way you would with any tunnel start with the prop shaft even with the sponcens. In short your dog drive should be half above the bottom of the sponcen and half below.

3 You can use any fuel tank you wish. I am using a 16 ounce iv bag.

4 You can either make your own radio box or use what ever will fit in the boat. Once again I am using a Mark Hopper radio box from HTB boats. Web sight www. HTB boats.com i think.

Hope this helps. Not to sound like a pecker head but I am not posting any Pictures of my set up. No body showed me where to put stuff I had to figure it out on my own but I share this with you put the radio box as far forward as possible.

Once again good luck with it and I hope this helps.

Later Gator

im just interrested in what servos you guys use to steer one of these things

and how to set them up

im going to build one some day but not for a while just interested thats all

cheers ian

im just interrested in what servos you guys use to steer one of these thingsand how to set them up

cheers ian

Out law alot of the guys I believe are using 2 1/4 scale servos. I am using a 1/5 scale servo for large modles got it from tower hobbies. This may change but so far it works fine. Box set up is the same as any other tunnle

And thats right Hearle it's MR Peacker Head to you.

im just interrested in what servos you guys use to steer one of these thingsand how to set them up

cheers ian

Out law alot of the guys I believe are using 2 1/4 scale servos. I am using a 1/5 scale servo for large modles got it from tower hobbies. This may change but so far it works fine. Box set up is the same as any other tunnle

And thats right Hearle it's MR Peacker Head to you.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. The Hull that I ordered is the Variants 6 Carbon / Kevlar / epoxy from ossi-modelbau and the outboard is the G-Morty Lower Units, anyway, Please if you can give me some tip of how and where to fit the outboard what so ever , like fuel thank, radio box. Please if you can send me some close up photos I will be much grateful. This is my old F1.Tunnel it is very heavy it is 11 kg, anyway. thanks once again.Winston

1 you will need some one to build you a custom mount for the motor as you can see the F-1 hulls have a slanted transom make it just like the one that came with your foot but have them exstend the bottom to occumdate the slant. in short have them make it so the motor sits on the back of the boat straight up and down.

2 set the motor the same way you would with any tunnel start with the prop shaft even with the sponcens. In short your dog drive should be half above the bottom of the sponcen and half below.

4 You can either make your own radio box or use what ever will fit in the boat. Once again I am using a Mark Hopper radio box from HTB boats. Web sight www. HTB boats.com i think.

Hope this helps. Not to sound like a pecker head but I am not posting any Pictures of my set up. No body showed me where to put stuff I had to figure it out on my own but I share this with you put the radio box as far forward as possible.

Later Gator
Hi, Thanks a lot for your help. This is what happened to me all my life, I tell every one and even I put photos on the internet and no one gives me the slightest ;) idea, never mind, This is EARTH. Thank you for your time. Winston

Later Gator
If you want to send any info this is my [email protected] Winston

Later Gator
Hi, Thanks a lot for your help. This is what happened to me all my life, I tell every one and even I put photos on the internet and no one gives me the slightest ;) idea, never mind, This is EARTH. Thank you for your time. Winston

Winston I am not sure how to respond :huh: I did not mean to hurt any bodies feeling :unsure: but I do not see any one else jumping in here to give you set up tip. I am not the only one who owns this boat.

i don't think he's going to the tunnel champs, Mr. Pecker Head :lol: :lol: . go ahead and email him something. he's on a little island in the mediteranian, what could it hurt :blink: ! just havin' fun gator, but really, he is kinda isolated........ see ya in march :D .

Later Gator

Winston I am not sure how to respond :huh: I did not mean to hurt any bodies feeling :unsure: but I do not see any one else jumping in here to give you set up tip. I am not the only one who owns this boat.
:rolleyes:

Do not worry my dear friend I take this as a challenge, and at the end I will be more satisfied with the things that I do, at first I ask for help but when no one answer I do it my self it won't be perfect at first but I assure you that after it will . Thanks a lot for your time. Winston From the island of Malta :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

winston, have you talked to james clegg at www.ovalexpressracing.com - topfuel443 on this site? he sells that hull and parts for making it all work. he's in germany, kinda close to you, in a way...... great guy, i'm sure he will be glad to help.

Yep, I am working with Winston. I dont have a boat built yet either, so I told him to post on here to ask for pictures. Not sure what the big secret is Tonya.

Dont worry Winston, when Tony (Gator) is too drunk at the Tunnel Champs, I will take his boat and get a lot of pictures, then I will post them on IW for the world to see. :D

Winston, you have a reply email coming to you. ~James

winston, have you talked to james clegg at www.ovalexpressracing.com - topfuel443 on this site? he sells that hull and parts for making it all work. he's in germany, kinda close to you, in a way...... great guy, i'm sure he will be glad to help.
Hi, Thanks, Infect I bought the rest of the items for my Tunnel I must say he is a grate guy, :rolleyes: . Thanks once again for your info.

Winston :rolleyes:

Winston

Now you know why we call him MR PECKERHEAD, Winston please forgive Gator360 cause... well it like .. well lets say he's on his own little island also, probabably a tad more desolate then Malta.He means well but the best schooling barely dented him, Please forgive my brother for his absoulute disray of compassion for other people, If its any constallation he is a dam good cook tho!!Next time I see his boat(just 2weeks) I will take pics and measurements and get back to you. Matter of fact I think it would be grand for him to fly over to Malta and help you set yours up. Not sure if parole board will allow passport at this time.

P.S Tony, Who luvs ya buddy?????

Steve H.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think he's going to the tunnel champs, Mr. Pecker Head :lol: :lol: . go ahead and email him something. he's on a little island in the mediteranian, what could it hurt :blink: ! just havin' fun gator, but really, he is kinda isolated........ see ya in march :D .
No Mr.kkkk I do not go to the world Model champions, but the real champs comes here in this isolated........ island of Malta and for you info I am involved.

Mr.kkkk :p :lol: :p :lol:

Take a look Mr. kkkk http://www.powerboatp1.com/public/venue.asp?events_id=4769

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I am working with Winston. I dont have a boat built yet either, so I told him to post on here to ask for pictures. Not sure what the big secret is Tonya.
Dont worry Winston, when Tony (Gator) is too drunk at the Tunnel Champs, I will take his boat and get a lot of pictures, then I will post them on IW for the world to see. :D

Winston, you have a reply email coming to you. ~James
Hi James, I am still waiting for you reply. Thanks

Winston

Latest posts

Back