Engine Recommendation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LukeHinds

Hey guys, our club is starting a new class next year. I need some engine recommendations for it on what you guys think is best. The class is titled High Torque. So far QuickDraw High Torque is allowed and also any modded 26cc or 29cc watercooled gasoline engine. So lemme see what you guys think.

Is the class limited to single cylinder engines?? If so then it sounds "High Dollar" engine class and you would have to stick with the QD or a Big Block Zen by a reputable engine man!!

Later!!

Pat

Sounds like a fun class. I have a HT25 that will 10 years old next month and it's never had gas in it.

I also have a Hi Rev 26 rear exhaust, a Pioneer 26 and 3 Pioneer 30.5's.

I guess it's safe to say I like Quickdraws.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if the class is limited to 29cc, the Quickdraw 29 Pioneer would be my choice but there's lots of choices out there. I have 2 Qd ht 1 mil stroker's and a Pioneer 27 that are awesome engines. A well modded Zenoah 29 is no slug either. The CMB 27, Tiger King, ect, can work to but at the end of the day, as always, setup will be the key! The best engine won't fix a bad setup.

Most engine modders can build one up any way that you want, all they have to do is adjust the timing.

The class is for any modded engine 26-29cc except for pioneer 29.5 and above. There is a separate class for those.

Why not just run the stock stroke 28.5cc Pioneer engine. Would put you under the limit.

Well that would also most likely be allowed. We just have a separate class for the 29.5 Pioneer and above. This should be very interesting. I'm expecting most of the competition to be in this class. Currently building a Rico Offshore for it. BTW Steve, you selling any of those QDs
default_tongue.png

So would the CMB 27 be legal in the small displacement class?? Pardon me for my ignorance, but what are you trying to accomplish??

All I know is that it's for any watercooled gasoline Engine between 26cc-29cc except the QD pioneer 29.5 and higher. I'm asking what would be a good engine for this class.

we race at a pond and offshore where it can get kinda choppy. like up to 6" swells. Any good rough water catamarans ?

Lots of great hulls out there from AC , Aeromarine ,Assault Monos by Scott Adams in Ft Myers , FL , Jerry Crowther and Seaducer in Ft Lauderdale , FL , Insane Boats

, Rampage to name a few . A couple of hours on the net or at a local race will help you out .

Take a look at Performance Unlimited's Raptor Cat. It's an infusion molded, 100% composite, hull with no wood used.

JA

Well we will be having our first race day for the year this sunday 17th. This is the final send of information on the new class about the engines. Tell me what you guys think.

Class Description

The intent of the Modified Class 1 is to provide a Large Scale Gasoline (LSG) racing class that enables the participant to compete with a single Modified (Purpose or Non Purpose Built) engine other than QD PIONEERS, ZENOAH 320 called Modified (M).

Hull Specification

42’’ to 65’’ long Deep-V.

Competitors must use the same hull as entered in the first race of a championship for the entire championship, No changes to the hydrodynamics or aerodynamics of the boat will be allowed during the championship.

Any replacement/repair of hull or major parts of the hull must conform to the above mentioned rules.

Failure to comply will result in the boat being classified as a new boat of a different design.( I really don't think hull size matters)

Engine Specification

a. The engines that fall in to this class are QD HIGH TORQUE, HIGH REV, and ZENOAH 260 to 30.5cc Modified. Any other engine not stated would be classified by the EVENT DIRECTOR on the race day.

b. The engine must have a working throttle control and must be set up to be completely stopped with the transmitter controls.

c. The engine must be piston ported fuel intake gasoline powered 2-cycle engine with a maximum displacement of 30.5cc.

d. Modifications are allowed either by adding or removing material from Intake & Exhaust Ports, Transfer Ports. Increasing Compression, altering Ignition Timing and Lightening the Flywheel.

e. The engine must use a spark plug type ignition. No glow plug or compression induced combustion allowed.

f. The carburettor can be modified and any size or brand name. The choke can be removed from the carburettor. All engines must be normally aspirated and have a piston ported or reed valve fuel induction system.

g. Tuned pipe (Aluminium, Mild Steel or Stainless Steel), Silencers must be fitted.

h. Engine must be water cooled.

Latest posts

Back