Electric beats Nitro record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBidwell

I cann't believe there is not one post on here about the 120.7 mph record run at the SAW in LA over the weekend. Joreg running a 8 turn Lehner 2250 on 32 cells in his custom designed hull took the fastest RC boat record from the nitro guys. He was running on the same course as the nitro guys and the nitro guys were running the lights. His first pass was in the 119 mph range and his return pass was in the 122 mph range with an average of 120.7 mph.

They (Tim from Team Alaska) also took the 24 cell record to 99.1 with a one way pass over 100 mph. The 4 cell record was bumped to just over 51 mph by Patrick Mcdonald.

Isn't this the most exciting news in the FE boating world right now.

Ray the forum was down for a few days. Thats why I didnt post it.

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

Thanks for the update........do you have the 4 cell setup notes?

Steve

I cann't believe there is not one post on here about the 120.7 mph record run at the SAW in LA over the weekend. Joreg running a 8 turn Lehner 2250 on 32 cells in his custom designed hull took the fastest RC boat record from the nitro guys. He was running on the same course as the nitro guys and the nitro guys were running the lights. His first pass was in the 119 mph range and his return pass was in the 122 mph range with an average of 120.7 mph.

They (Tim from Team Alaska) also took the 24 cell record to 99.1 with a one way pass over 100 mph. The 4 cell record was bumped to just over 51 mph by Patrick Mcdonald.

Isn't this the most exciting news in the FE boating world right now.

Sure Steve here it is.

It is a 6 double Big Jim arm in a P-94 can and endbell setup, powered by GP3300's through an RC-Hydro's ESC. The prop is a 1735. The hull is a custom built carbon fiber hull. Patrick told me he tried the smaller 1950 cells but they could just not put out the amps of the 3300's.

Ray

I made a post about the 120.7 mph record yesterday and again this morning on the general (nitro) forum. I figured there was a better likelihood of the nitro guys reading it there (and I sure wanted them to hear the news ;D)

Thanks for the great data on Pat M's 4 cell set-up. Just incredible!

Doug how are the nitro guys taking it. It was on the nitro course with the nitro guys doing the timming. The nitro guys have faster passes but not backed up runs. Joreg had a bigger motor and was shooting for a 126 mph when we just ran out of light. Next year he could be in the 130's.

Patrick told me he tried the smaller 1950 cells but they could just not put out the amps of the 3300's.
Must have been one of the other Patricks you talked to, Ray..... ;D

I had not seen the 1950's until arriving at the event. Everyone who ran them said that they were good for one or two runs and then started to fall off rapidly. It was interesting to find how much more speed could be obtained from GP3300's by charging them at 8 amps to about 160* F. Probably trashed their longevity, but many claimed it was good for 3-5 mph....

Patrick

What kind of discharge rate do you think was common on the 3300's after that kind of charge? How many runs/cycles do you think they were good for?

The discharge rate on my 4 cell boat is in the 90+ amp range, though I'm sure that in the higher cell count classes the amp draw is much lower. Don't have a real handle on how much the cell life is shortened by abusing them, but I'm sure that I'll find out soon enough..... ;)

Maybe Mr. Hill can shed some light on the subject...

90 amps....well they may be okay with a straight line record event.

Man, your running great Patrick in that 4 cell class. That's really cool my man!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the setup. 1950 cells won't deliver 90 amps, you have the correct cell I think.

Steve

The discharge rate on my 4 cell boat is in the 90+ amp range, though I'm sure that in the higher cell count classes the amp draw is much lower. Don't have a real handle on how much the cell life is shortened by abusing them, but I'm sure that I'll find out soon enough..... ;)

Maybe Mr. Hill can shed some light on the subject...

Man, your running great Patrick in that 4 cell class.
I'll second that, Patrick. I think your 4 cell record is just as, or even more impressive than the unlimited speeds.

Back