Eagle SGX 80 powered with OPS 80

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hp-fun-driver

Hi,

i am writing from germany - so sorry for my bad english.

I have question: has enybody experience figures with this combination, eagle sgx 80 and OPS 80?

I tried the following setup: ops 80, Andy brown pipe, Octura X457, this was the only prop that worked, a bigger one dìdn`t run. The speed of the eagle was not in my expections. My next question: with is the second choice for a engine after mac84?

Hans-Peter

Hi,

i am writing from germany - so sorry for my bad english.

I have question: has enybody experience figures with this combination, eagle sgx 80 and OPS 80?

I tried the following setup: ops 80, Andy brown pipe, Octura X457, this was the only prop that worked, a bigger one dìdn`t run. The speed of the eagle was not in my expections. My next question: with is the second choice for a engine after mac84?

Hans-Peter
Put a K-90 into the boat with a mac 1399 pipe & a 1667 5.6 cup should run really good.

Alan

Hi Alan,

a rusian engine? brrrr! What do you think about a picco 80? But the biggest wish i have is to get a mac84, maybe someone can help me.

Hans-Peter

Hello Hans

As you are in Germany I guess you are using a fuel with low nitro% and a silent pipe. The X457 is a low picth propeller for a .80 rigger,maybe you can try to improve the cup of it to enhance your performance. 1667 (65mmdia and 5,6 cup) is a better choice for your boat so you can contact CMDI to get one for further tests. H38 even stock has beeing a very good prop for this class boat too.

Best regards

Gill

Hi Gil,

Thank`s for the answer.

no, we use fuel with 45 to 50% nitro, mix as discribed in this forum. I use a brown 84 pipe and have a 1667 5,6". I ordered the the complete parts from cmdi.

We tried many props and pipes (OPS, Rossi etc.) but the result was not very good :( .

So for all the experts out there, OPS or ???

Hans-Peter

Hi Hans-Peter,

I think, the 1667 5.6 is far too much prop for an .80 OPS motor. This is an prop for an .90 or 1.0 engine. I use an ABC H31 cup 5.5 from Andy with an K90 in an 80 SG Eagle with really good results :D

Greets from Germany

Curt

Hallo Curt,

danke für die Info. München ist ja nicht so weit weg von Ulm. Ich will halt für mein Leben gerne einen Mac84, aber die sind von cmd zur Zeit nicht zu bekommen.

Hast Du an dem K90 was gemacht - Steuerzeiten, Drehschieber, etc.?

Gruß aus Ulm

Hans-Peter

Actually I use a 1667 with anywhere from a 5.6 to a 6.2 with a MAC 84 and it's pretty fast. Since you can't get a MAC I'd use a CMB 91RS if you can get one.

Hello Hans-Peter

I use the CMB 80 RS motor with Andy's 84 Mac carb the .550 and the AB Black pipe and a H-32 prop so far with good results .

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats wrong with the OPS 80 why push him to change it at more expense when it may be only set up?

Have you checked the head clearance the 80 came out with a massive head clearance sometimes as much

as 0.7mm this should be reduced to about 0.4mm. the best way is to skim the top of the liner the shim it

back to the required clearance. The carburettors are also restrictive so you in size you may want to try one

with about 11 or 12mm choke. The OPS quiet pipe is also restrictive so drill the baffle out to the stinger size.

Stick with the OPS but try a few things before you spend any more money

Brian

Hello Hans :ph34r: Which one Disc rotor or Drum rotor for OPS 80? I believe that best Octura 1662 cup 5.1" or ABC H-30 for good OPS80 not success 1667 because it really hardly run! Good Luck Have a fun! ;)

if its a brand new engine, take it completely apart, flush well with wd-40 and reassemble with blue loctite on all case screws except the head screws. I do this for all engines, not just ops.

OPS makes a good engine so give it a try before switching.

Thank`s for all the answers. I trie the run the eagle with the OPS and do the modifications you told me.

Thank`s

Hans-Peter

Back