Dunlap 27

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Andris Golts

:)On the Dunlap 27 what size main tank and what size hopper tank should i use? regards Andris

Andris,

I'm going to send you an photo of how I mount my tanks. I'm not running a hopper tank on any of my 3.5s. Instead, I'm elevating the tank as high as possible under the cowling. Will try to get you the photo by Monday, March 24th. I would recommend running at least a 6 oz. tank, 8 oz. would be better.

Jerry D.

hopper tank

Hey can you guys give me some info on hopper tanks? What is the reason for using one? I've seen pictures on how to hook them up, but I never heard why. Thanks!

I think the main reason for running a hopper tank is to keep the fuel pickup submerged when the fuel in the main tank sloshes. It doesn't make it any easier to draw fuel from the tank. You still eventually need to draw fuel from the lowest point in the tank system. I usually run hopper tanks for consistancy at the end of the heat. However, I have run my 3.5 tunnel with and without the hopper. There is very little difference as long as the tank is mounted as high as possible.

lohring Miller

Hi Guy's,

I would say the benefit of running a header tank is the main tank can be on the CofG and as it drains has little if any effect on boat trim. The small header tank high in the cowl gets the fuel outlet closer to the needle, and if the main tank is pressurised it doesn't need to draw fuel as it is pumped up to the header tank. Consistency of needle from start to finish of tank is the go. Seems to work better for some than others so I guess you have to do what works for you.

Try both and see if you can see any difference, then make your choice.

GT 8)

Latest posts

Back