Dunlap 27 Radio -Box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29tunnel

Hi guys,

My Dunlap 27 is ready for the radio-box build. I need to know if the set-up for Grim's villian will work on the Dunlap 27? ( Pull-pull wheel and cables.) Does anyone have any photos of this? Thanks------Don

Don, I use "Grims Villian setup" in all of my tunnels now and havent found a better radio box setup yet, simple and it works great!! It should work with almost any boat (tunnel) with a few adjustments here and there.

my 0.02

~ James

here is a pic of the radio box in my old boat. I will try to post some close up pics of my new boat radio box on tuesday night. ~ James

radioboxrear_view.jpg

Thanks James, Can you tell me what size pull wheel and what type of seals do you use Thanks ---Don

The pull pull wheels for the Futaba and JR servos are made by Hanger 9. The pull pull wheel for a HiTec servo would be made by Tim Fulton, at Precision Boats racing. The Villain Kit servo setup does not suggest seals, but uses K&S brass tubing just large enough for the Dubro Pull Pull kit's cables to fit through. Two pieces of brass tubing soldered to a brass plate. That's it. Then you just attach it with wood screws and pass the cables through.

Has anyone tried using the yellow cable sheath to go through the box a inch or two and putting a piece of SMALL fuel tubing over the tip to seal it ??

???

Hey guys, I use the yellow plastic sheath as the guide (instead of the brass tubing, for no other reason than I didnt have any tubing that small at the time) through the box and then put the seal over the top of them just for a backup, the seals in the picture are Aeromarine (I think) I am using the same setup on my new boat except that im using a different seal set, dont remember who makes them right off, but I can tell you tonight when I post the pics. Jeff is right about the hanger 9 servo wheel, except that I have been ordering them for my hitec servos since ive been doing the box this way. maybe they started making them for hitec now?? they fit on my metal gear 655 just fine so far. I do know that they make them in three different sizes, small, medium, and large. I have been using the medium size wheel. ~ James Hope ethis helps

James

I was looking in Servo City before I got my servos and it stated that the Hitec takes the Futaba style wheels and arms ?? That was when I asked you about the wheels, but since I got these Cirrus MG-80's the arms that came with them are very stought . Those clear cases are awesome !!!!! you can see everything .

Latest posts

Back