DUMAS Eagle Sport 40 - fuel tank /radio placement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Bastick

Hi guys,

am building a Eagle sport 40, with ref to radio gear and tank placement, are the standard 'as per the instructions' the go, or is there better options now days. The stock placement is radio gear up front, fuel tanks in the sides, but there must be a better way for the fuel tank position

any advice is greatly appreciated

Should always build the boat the way the designer tells you maybe someone that had one of these boats years ago might want to pipe in Robert

Should always build the boat the way the designer tells you maybe someone that had one of these boats years ago might want to pipe in Robert
Robert,,,,, If your boat was built to manufactures instruction's It wouldn't run the way it does!!!!!

Never hurt's to play around with hull set up, to get the best CG, to suit your driving style and water conditions you routinely race in

Just My 2Cents

Hi guys,

am building a Eagle sport 40, with ref to radio gear and tank placement, are the standard 'as per the instructions' the go, or is there better options now days. The stock placement is radio gear up front, fuel tanks in the sides, but there must be a better way for the fuel tank position

any advice is greatly appreciated

Shane,,, what you are describing sounds real good to me...

The radio gear up front,, instead of fuel tanks,, your CG will not change throughout a run..

Fuel tanks placed outboard of the engine on the CG,,, as fuel load gets low,,, CG again doesn't change

Ask Robert how his SS45 is set up,,,,, His boat also has bottom changes done to it..

thanks guys, I only ask because I have seen pics, where on some sport 40's, the tank has been placed up where the radio gear sits. These days with more powerful engines etc, new ideas can arise !!!!!

Shane my engines are on the side of the boat both on same side be the inside turning side for better CG

"Shane my engines are on the side of the boat both on same side be the inside turning side for better CG"

Hey Robert,

Do you want to try that again?? I'm thinkin' you are talking about main and hopper tank, not "engines on the side"

CHEERS !!! Bob

Back