Dual/Triple plug heads

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ek kustomz

I notice in some older engines this was rather prevalent, i don't see it as much in the newer engines, why is/was this done???

I bought dual turbo head inerst for my 45RS from Mark Sholund. I am very happy that really fastest my Seaducar SD3 45 mono because :ph34r: I saw Jerry Crowther use CMB45 EVO2/2 with dual turbo plug at Nats Namba in last time and he made smile his record speed I say it is good worth but bit of expensive turbo plug cost $7 to$9 each ;)

:unsure: I hardly find triple head

I notice in some older engines this was rather prevalent, i don't see it as much in the newer engines, why is/was this done???
I am not sure it is worth the difference with the price of plugs. I think you can make a better head than stock and use one plug. We also use to run the water plug head a lot and you don't see many of those around any more.

hmmmm, so why is it done?? Is there a gain in rpm?? I mean what??? My buddy Ryon runs one in his F-hydro and man that was like 30 dollars getting the needle set right, everytime it smoked a plug, it was actually 2 we had to replace...

hmmmm, so why is it done?? Is there a gain in rpm?? I mean what??? My buddy Ryon runs one in his F-hydro and man that was like 30 dollars getting the needle set right, everytime it smoked a plug, it was actually 2 we had to replace...
I have no clue. I am guessing to burn more fuel, make more power, go faster... Blow more money???

I have no clue. I am guessing to burn more fuel, make more power, go faster... Blow more money???

Blow more money... LOL

Blow more money... LOL
Try running the thing with just one plug and put a 1/4 -32 screw in the other hole..?????

My experience was that the volume had to change somewhat when you ran two plugs. If both were adjusted in volume and depth to work best, there was little difference. Two plugs did work very well in the twin for reliability.

Blow more money... LOL
Ive been racing a ops 15cc for years with a twin plug head and a stock single, and found the motor will develop more power at a rich setting than the single plug head,it will come on the pipe sooner. As far as blowing a bunch of plugs,you must first have the correct head clearance to start with and you shouldnt have a problem...Ive ran twin plug .67 's and found these motors actually develop more horsepower with the SINGLE plug head.Im assuming the change of the combustion chamber for the extra plug in the smaller motors head button cost horsepower/torque..the larger motors .90 and up are worth trying .so thats my 2 cents worth!JOE P.

One plug for each engine :lol: Merry Christmas Bob

My experience was that the volume had to change somewhat when you ran two plugs. If both were adjusted in volume and depth to work best, there was little difference. Two plugs did work very well in the twin for reliability.

The theory is that nitro is a low burning fuel (compared to gasoline for instance) so it burns better the smaller the area that it has to burn. This is why higher nitro works better in say a .21 than in a .90 as the fuel doesn't get completey burned in the cycle. Adding a second plug helps to burn the extra fuel plus doesn't hurt in case one plug does fry as you still have one left.

Back