Divinicell H80

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBrown

We just got in a big load of H80 and need to sell some of it.

It's about 2.75" thick. If someone needs to know I can check the exact dimension.

The sheets are 48" wide, so we can cut long narrow strips which is most efficiant for building

sponsons.

$20 per square foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about 2.5" thick. If someone needs to know I can check the exact dimension.

The sheets are 48" wide, so we can cut long narrow strips which is most efficiant for building

sponsons.

$20 per square foot.
Andy:

How much to ship it?

Marty Davis

It's about 2.5" thick. If someone needs to know I can check the exact dimension.

sponsons.

$20 per square foot.
Andy:

How much to ship it?

Marty Davis
Andy - Is that comparable to the pinkish brown Klegecell that we had before(Tidewater). Or is it lighter weight?

sponsons.

$20 per square foot.
Andy:

How much to ship it?

Marty Davis
Andy - Is that comparable to the pinkish brown Klegecell that we had before(Tidewater). Or is it lighter weight?
Yes, it's the same stuff Bob. The 5 pound per cubic foot density sold by Diab. They just changed the name. We've been using this same stuff since 1994.

Marty, let me know what size you need. Shipping is so expensive these days we need to use accurate weights and dimensions.

Weight wise how does the h 80 compair to the h 60? Is it light enough for a .12 set of sponsons? Ryon Shaw

Ryon,

The H-60 is sold as 4 lbs per cubic foot. For a .12 hydro, you could probably get away with using the blue foam from Lowe's, as long as you put wood inserts to glue the sponson stubs into. The blue foam is much less than 4 lb/CuFt.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

How does the weight of H-80 or H-60 compare to the pink foam from Lowes/HomeDepot ?

Is there more strength ?

thanks Ed

How does the weight of H-80 or H-60 compare to the pink foam from Lowes/HomeDepot ?Is there more strength ?

thanks Ed
The H-80 is very strong and hard. It is less porus than the

H-60. We tried the H-60, but it soaks up the glue and does

not provide a really strong bond to the sheeting.

You can use very thin ply with the H-80. It does not compress easily.

We have actually run the H-80 sponsons with no sheeting.

The Pink/blue foam is extruded polystyrene. Like it's sister product,

expanded polystyrene bead board (the white stuff), it does not have good compressive

strength and requires thick sheeting to provide a ridged surface.

If you have never tried this stuff THEN YOU SHOULD. You will throw that pink, blue and white stuff away. Now is the time to buy it. Usually you have to buy 4'x8' sheets and you can do the math on that. Sponsons made with this usually stay in tact when wrecked instead of blowing up.

If you have never tried this stuff THEN YOU SHOULD. You will throw that pink, blue and white stuff away. Now is the time to buy it. Usually you have to buy 4'x8' sheets and you can do the math on that. Sponsons made with this usually stay in tact when wrecked instead of blowing up.
Yes, this is great stuff for building sponsons. It never goes mushy like the pink, blue, white stuff. We've never seen a wrecked sponson made with this stuff that couldn't be repaired. If you want lighter sponsons, you can drill holes in stratigic areas.

And yes Preston minimun order is TWO 4' X 8' sheets. We are selling this at just over cost. Hardly pays our time to cut it up.

Whats your paypal , i would like to send you some money

Merry Christmas to everyone at CMDi from PHM Racing

Mike

It's about 2.75" thick. If someone needs to know I can check the exact dimension.

sponsons.

$20 per square foot.

i pm'ed you bout a week ago because i would have liked to buy some, well no reply, did i miss something? least i could have been told no instead of ignored. oh well bought some other stuff anyway.......... still not cool........

sponsons.

$20 per square foot.

i pm'ed you bout a week ago because i would have liked to buy some, well no reply, did i miss something? least i could have been told no instead of ignored. oh well bought some other stuff anyway.......... still not cool........
Jeremy,

I get alot of PM's in here and sometimes I miss them. It is normal procedure for most people to send a follow up mail in case the first was lost.

That would have been cool on your part. :)

Andy

Latest posts

Back