District 1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
Who's going. We been away last two years. What young bucks and old farts are we racinging with. What you bringing. Me 2 20 monos, 20 hydro, 40 hydro, 60 mono, and my new toy open nitro cat. Can't wait to run new water. Ray And Carl

I figured Carl had given up trying to race boats. We can put Carl in the novice class if he wants maybe then he will have a chance at winning. :lol:

Dave Van Duzer

Hey ,

I be there , I hope Carl got that Wild Thing ready to Race :rolleyes:

We`ll have some fun :D

Bob Morton B)

Dave didn't mention that we're debuting our "new" pond this race. It will be quite different from the pond out by the airport. For one thing, the parking area for RV's and trailers is all paved and there's water and electricity available. There is some room for tent campers, too. There are also rest rooms within about 200 feet of the launch area. We're trying to make the new setup work well for the drivers and judges, but would appreciate any ideas and other feedback about the setup, after the race. Since the pond is so big, we're only using part of it, a situation requiring lots of fencing and other details we never had to deal with before. On the other hand, there are NO obscured areas, No weed-lined shores, and NO rocky shorelines to hit, only gently sloping, grassy (as in park-like) shorelines. There are trees for shade and plenty of room for spectators all the way along the shore. We'll also have more than adequate containment along the shore, in case of a runaway boat, and plenty of barrier strip to keep nosy passersby out of harm's way. Also, for possibly the first time ever at an Elmira race, there will be a "full-time" concession stand, serving from breakfast thru dinner time, snacks, meals, sandwiches, and drinks. In the past, the Butler family has kindly provided staffing for the concession stand, and it was much appreciated by all, as they did a super job. But, all things change, and the Butlers have asked that we find an alternative, so Pete Forcier found a gentleman who has agreed to provide a complete concession service during the races this year. We're hoping for good weather and a great race weekend, so come on up to Elmira. We'll be glad to see you.

Hey Guys,

I will be there running 20 mod tunnel, sport tunnel and scale.....should be a good one.

See ya soon...........Mike

Young Duzer, Bring your Wild Thing if you figured out how to build one yet. Carl will kick your butt. You have thrown down the guantlet so get ready to boogie. Ray :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Are you hav`in open water on Friday? Need to tune the Wild Thing :)

Looks like a Wild Thing shootout :D World champ :) Loser buys the Subways :lol:

Bob Morton B)

Ray Sametz said:
Lawman, Sounds like you guys did a great job on new site. You must have cloraformed Pete and that "OLD FART" Van Duzer and stole there wallets. Ray  :p   :p   :p   :p
101247[/snapback]

The project is on-going, still some stuff to be done. Like my latest boat, the pieces are there, just waiting to be put together. (LOL)

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention my boats. 20 tunnel with new Lawless steering arm and forced oil lubrication with an Irwin sump tank, 40 tunnel with same setup, and 60 mono, just to fill in the long wait between 20 tunnel and 40 tunnel heats. I won't have my new Aeromarine 50" Predator with Zenoah gas/Lawless outboard ready in time for this race, darn it. Maybe next time, though.

One further note, as of right now, there WILL be open water, weather permitting, Friday evening.

Hello, :lol:

How do I get to the new Elmira race site,from the Motel 6 in Horsehead? <_<

Thanx

Bob B)

Latest posts

Back