Direction of wrist pin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toru Komatsu

Supporting Member
Could anyone please advise me about the direction of the wrist pin of KRE90? More specifically, should the teflon cap of the wrist pin face exhaust side or the other way around?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Toru

The other way around(intake side),,as it would get caught in the exhaust port or fall out and do damage,,I'm assuming it's like a Kand B engine with a free floating wrist pin with teflon pad,,Does the piston only have 1 hole or 1 blind hole or a C-clip on one side ? Maybe post some pictures of piston and liner.
Basically,,the teflon side should not be in line with any holes in the liner

Rod,

Thank you for your input. I cannot take pics of the piston as the engine is not in my hand at the moment. I will convey your suggetions to my friend.

Toru
Cheers Toru,,also,if the piston has one side or skirt longer than the other,the longer side goes towards the exhaust side

Hi Rod,

Thank you for your further advice.

I found the pic of the piston and sleeve of KRE90 which Ken Retallic posted before. From the image, I can guess that the teflon cap-side of the wrist pin directs to the boost port side.

Thanks.
Toru

Attachments

• KRE90 PS.jpg
    KRE90 PS.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi Rod,

Thank you for your further advice.

I found the pic of the piston and sleeve of KRE90 which Ken Retallic posted before. From the image, I can guess that the teflon cap-side of the wrist pin directs to the boost port side.

Thanks.
Toru
I'm happy to help Toru,,The image describes what I thought,,2 boost ports with a bridge in between ,so the teflon pad can't fall out or get caught on an edge.
Cheers

Back