DF12 Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built one very similar to it but tried a high-dollar car engine in it. I bought a bare hull and had to build the rails, radio box plus mounted my choice of hardware. The boat had a few disappointing runs on it as that engine just wasn't made ot run in a boat. I sold it to Martin Truex and after he did his magic on it, he got GPS'ed speeds just a hair under 50 MPH with it. I'm guessing that he dropped a tweaked NR in it but don't know if he's still playing with it or not.

That driver is a little scary picking up the boat while it's still running, not too bright.

I built one very similar to it but tried a high-dollar car engine in it. I bought a bare hull and had to build the rails, radio box plus mounted my choice of hardware. The boat had a few disappointing runs on it as that engine just wasn't made ot run in a boat. I sold it to Martin Truex and after he did his magic on it, he got GPS'ed speeds just a hair under 50 MPH with it. I'm guessing that he dropped a tweaked NR in it but don't know if he's still playing with it or not.

That driver is a little scary picking up the boat while it's still running, not too bright.
Hi Ron....I know what you saying about the high dollar car engine...at the end of the video...they put the model of the engine up on the screen..so I did a google search for the model of the engine & found this real quick to put up next to the video..I'm not saying use that engine...I'm just out here having fun with the DELTAFORCE VIDEOS...I like the way they run....they show no bad behavior :)

Joel

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats cause the guy that designed the bottom knew what he was doing.
ph34r.gif

Andy

ph34r.gif

Andy
just about EVERY boat is a copy or take off of somthing else.so just start'em up, throw them in the water and have fun. <_< Dam toy boats.mike.

ph34r.gif

Andy
just about EVERY boat is a copy or take off of somthing else.so just start'em up, throw them in the water and have fun. <_< Dam toy boats.mike.
I agree Mike, but.

With that said, When does it become OKAY ( and Im NOT talking about the DF in particular) -speaking in general here .

To Splash the bottom of a proven design and make subtle changes - be it deck/transom-whatever,

and call it your design ? And profit from it ??

Sorry for the hi-jack Fast Cat -

Maybe a conversation for another thread.

Andy

ph34r.gif

Andy
I agree Mike, but.

With that said, When does it become OKAY ( and Im NOT talking about the DF in particular) -speaking in general here .

To Splash the bottom of a proven design and make subtle changes - be it deck/transom-whatever,

and call it your design ? And profit from it ??

Sorry for the hi-jack Fast Cat -

Maybe a conversation for another thread.

Andy
yes,sorry for the hijacking :( ,buy every major and i mean EVERY major boat builder has done it for the last 25+years and profitted from it.yes 2 wrongs do not make a right,but calling it your design?? there are no patents on these things,ps,sorry again. :( mikie.

When is a splash not a splash? That question has come up many times. It's getting so bad that the Chinese are now copying each other!

My brother-in-law and sister ran up against this problem when they got into the arts & crafts show business as they created a product and because it is expensive and time consuming to get a patent, just like in our hobby/sport, people don't bother. Right now we are limited to what we can and can't do with the hulls. Until a better mousetrap comes out, we're kind of stuck.

The government wanted to enact a law a few years ago where modelers could not make a kit of any US-built aircraft, especially warbirds without paying a royalty to the manufacturer. Now, if you think about that, RC flyers would be stuck flying stick planes or models of foreign looking aircraft.

Even a patent or copyright limits you to only so much. All you have to do it make 10% in changes and it's then your design.

Back