Course Bouys

• Thread starter Bill Zuber IMPBA
  • Start date
Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bill Zuber IMPBA

I have a question some one asked me and I wanted to see what the members of this site think?

A few year ago the members passed the use of entrance bouys to help racers avoid the regular course bouys. We still see as many bouys being hit but now there are an extra 2 bouys for the racers to avoid.

Do you think the entrance bouys have helped or hurt the racing?

Would like to keep the extra bouys or eliminate them for racing?

Bill---these bouys are to keep racers from trying to use the infield as a racing lane and then forcing the guy in lane out at the turn. You know what it was like before these were used.

Bob

Racers still tend to get into the infield but they have to think of the consequences a little sooner. This way the turns stay race able. Therefore, less wrecks. I wouldn't mind seeing 3 or 4 bouys down the straights. So my vote would be to at least leave as is.

I say the same or even more as well.. I need all the help I can get running a straight line..

Charley

I agree with Preston, I'd like to even see another bouy or two down the straights. The entrance bouys have definitely make for alot less "infield" racing..... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the buoys, especially the one on the back stretch, it helps me line up for turn 4 which is the hardest one for me to line up for. One more added at the start/finish line would be nice, it would help with seeing who did or did not cross the line at the clock hitting zero.

Bill, you might want to post this as a poll asking more, less or the same amount of buoys.

As Krpnova said they were not put there to help you line up easyer but to stop the guys that were using the in feild as a racing lane and coming out on coarse at the turns to push some one that can drive without it. have seen a lot of boats in the wrong trying to pass from infeild . . No we do not need to line the coarse with bouys . Scott

Ps I was one that at the time they added them said why not go all the way around . About got kicked out of my club .

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, right on ron. coming off bouy 6 and hanging a tight bouy 1 are easy as pie. it's coming off bouy 3 and approaching bouy 4 that i find most difficult to judge the boats approach angle well. hehehe, some of you guys make it look so easy at 70+.

ah, but the adrenalin rush!

I try to get my boat on the water ASAP so that I can get a good spot on the drivers stand that gives me the best sight of turn 4 because the old eyes just aren't as good as they used to be even with bifocals. B)

ClayGlover said:
lol, right on ron. coming off bouy 6 and hanging a tight bouy 1 are easy as pie. it's coming off bouy 3 and approaching bouy 4 that i find most difficult to judge the boats approach angle well. hehehe, some of you guys make it look so easy at 70+.
ah, but the adrenalin rush!
Keep a little left trim on the rudder and let the boat drift left when you come out of three, providing you don't have any boats on your left close by. ;)

Thanks for all of your replys I hope that answers the guys question for him. See you at the races.

Back