Copying of Engineered Products

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABC PROPS

I normally do not post much

But this one gets to me

It retards advancement in new product design

Copying another man’s work is just simply wrong.

To be so blatant about it

This is what was brought to my attention on another thread

You guys are a trip, I was actually asking to try some...but I guess I will just run a "copied" one after we duplicate 100 of them.

Its all good Ron...we will copy Marks work in no time. ..bit it isn’t copying if you make it better

Well Mr. Kris Flynn

I am flattered you take interest in copying my new products

My question is if you can make a better Prop

Why do you have to copy from someone else

Why not just build a new prop

I do

Engineering is advancement in technology

Copying is like inbreeding or GMO’s

Serves short term gain only

Sorry i have to bring this to attention

But it makes me feel like why bother making new props the rc groups

So someone can just not them off

Why waste my time to support a thief’s Income

Jim

While I don't have a bone in this I feel for ya

I am surprised kris didn't just come to you and ask if you would make this or that or change this to what ever props they are talking about

Integrity is lost!

Copying has gone on for so long it's just excepted anymore, Atleast by some.

Wait till the originators stop engineering!! The hobby will be gone.

I normally do not post much

But this one gets to me

It retards advancement in new product design

Copying another man’s work is just simply wrong.

To be so blatant about it

This is what was brought to my attention on another thread

You guys are a trip, I was actually asking to try some...but I guess I will just run a "copied" one after we duplicate 100 of them.

Its all good Ron...we will copy Marks work in no time. ..bit it isn’t copying if you make it better

Well Mr. Kris Flynn

I am flattered you take interest in copying my new products

My question is if you can make a better Prop

Why do you have to copy from someone else

Why not just build a new prop

I do

Engineering is advancement in technology

Copying is like inbreeding or GMO’s

Serves short term gain only

Sorry i have to bring this to attention

But it makes me feel like why bother making new props the rc groups

So someone can just not them off

Why waste my time to support a thief’s Income
There are some people everywhere that would rather steal an idea or product than admit that they are too dumb to create it themselves. When they rip off someone like this, what they are really doing is saying...Hey, look at me, I am the dumb ass ripoff thief.

Most of the time, the income from items sold in this hobby is not enough to warrant the cost of a fight in the courts to protect your rights. And since it is just not worth the expense to try to protect yourself legally, all that you can do is do what you did, expose them for what they are, a thief.

Just do not let the few crooks get you down and discourage you from producing your excellent products.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Tom I have several dealers or sell direct when looking for odd sizes

Charles you are right

We make so many other propellers for other industries

If you had a clue you would not copy a $23.00 item and only make 100 of them

any sh*t for Brains can figure this one out

Dang

Go for the gold

copy my bigger props that sell between $500-$2500

and sell a couple of 1000

but then again

we already know they can't do the math

Jim,

Keep up the good work and do not let stuff like this get you down. We need innovators like you and Mr. Perdue to keep us moving forward.

Do you have an updated prop chart? I went to your website to check out the specs on these new props and they are not on it.

Steve

I am working on updating the prop charts

Still adding many new props

Drop me a email

and I can send you a temp chart

WTF Guys it was a JOKE...I was actually referring to Marks comments about copying. Why the heck would I want to copy yours or Marks props (well they are not really Marks props anyway, are they)? I have better things to do with my time than worry about you getting upset about this bullshit.

All the people posting in this thread are idiots, how about you go and read up on what you are posting about before comment and making accusations. Sometimes people forget that other make items that can be copied also. Who has lost integraty now? Not me thats for sure.

I do not care what you think of me, but get your FACTS RIGHT before you call me out.

............and i had more typed out but I am over it

So hear is where Jim got his comments (which I might add, you have taken WAY OUT OF CONTEXT)

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=63928&page=4

Robin,

I think you are going to see how the new ABC 1515 propeller is working on the Thor
and possibly a few other boats? A good friend of ours here on IW tested one over the
weekend and his first comment was man does that 1515 accelerate fast.

Good Luck Racing,

Mark Sholund

I think you need to send some of those props here Mark...then we can get some real numbers for a Dragon
default_smile.png

Kris,

We have some real numbers on them now for a Dragon 21 tunnel.
Why would we need someone to copy what we have designed already?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Props-4-U

Well said Mark

Why would we need someone to COPY.

OMG....so who is copying??

You have just confirmed a theory some of us had about you not selling the same props to us aussies as you do to stateside customers. Good on ya mate!

and Dave, why the need to post?

So as you can see, I was actually asking Mark about getting some props to try on the Dragons, then everyone will know what they need to get from Mark. But of course, it went down this path of a witch hunt...

Just thought I would add the rest of this story, since Jim did not feel the need to

Kris, I was not commenting on you directly. I was simply giving my opinion on Jims post. I did not mention you or anyone in particular, just referring to that type of person. Reading back over it now, I should have kept my mouth shut.

But if you were teasing then I can easily understand where you would be upset. Like I said, it was not directed toward you but I will apologize anyway for my actions. I should have understood the situation better before I commented. If I screw up, then I am man enough to admit it.

I screwed up.

If you will accept my apology then all will be well between you and I, OK?

Charles Perdue

We are good Charles, how could I ever (and I never was) be mad at you
default_smile.png

EDIT: added some words I missed

Jim,

It's pretty clear to me you are way out of line with those comments towards Kris.

It would be a good thing if you come to regcognise this.

hey jim, now that there is “kind-a” an open talk on new and upcoming props,is there any chance of getting stainless (or any material close in hardness) prop options for the 65mm and up sizes?

i know its a large range and you prob wont do them all,but maybe a custom option?? in the future

thankx,shawn

p.s and yes an updated chart would be kewl

Jim is a stand up guy,will help anyone with prop selection,and is trying to introduce the best products at affordable prices for the hobby,he put countless hrs into design and casting of his props and just feels like people should not take advantage of his design!

Are you saying no one should use his design at all? That is taking advantage of his design after all

Kris

What I said was not a DIG and I said Again I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT no disrespect to you or anyone else

To anyone who has never met kris, he is a stand up guy. Would give you the shirt off his own back to make sure you were able to race.

Hes a great racer and smart designer.

His wife louise is every bit as genuine aswell.

He has given alot to the sport and encouraged many people to lift their game for the better of the sport.

Perhaps sometimes typing on forums doesn't show humor or emotion correctly and can be taken the wrong way.

But surely this could have been discussed in private first before blasting it over the Internet with half a story.

You couldn't say anything more true about Kris. He is a great person that is extremely passionate about our sport! If you have ever had the pleasure of meeting him you would know that! This sport needs more people like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back