cooper pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagletwin90

Are these pipes worth running?

anyone out there running them?

they were on a twin that I bought, but have not ran them. just looking for opinions.

thanks james

ss twin80 2.jpg

They have a narrow tuning band for were they will and will not perform...

IF those are K-82's or 67.... go with tried and tested mac 13 or 11 cc pipes with mufflers...can't miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chuck, thanks for the info, I do have a new pair of black cmb muffled pipes for it.

sold the mac 13 pipes,,,lol

thanksJames

they were on a twin that I bought, but have not ran them. just looking for opinions.

thanks james
If you want to sell the Cooper pipes let me know! Thanks!

I don't think you will be disappointed with the cooper pipes at least run them

Gary

thanks james

thanks james
James

A couple things on the Cooper pipes, if you are running big props, with a lot of pitch, set the pipe length @ 11 1/2 measured from the center of the engine side to the center of the the big band.smaller props and smaller pitch, shorten the pipes 1/4 inch and try it, may go all the way down to 10 1/2 inches for more RPM, I ran 1 third channel on the inside engine and a manual meter on the outside engine. It is easy to bring the third channel engine in RPM in sync to the out side engine.

JM2CW

Dick jones

thanks james

thanks james
James

A couple things on the Cooper pipes, if you are running big props, with a lot of pitch, set the pipe length @ 11 1/2 measured from the center of the engine side to the center of the the big band.smaller props and smaller pitch, shorten the pipes 1/4 inch and try it, may go all the way down to 10 1/2 inches for more RPM, I ran 1 third channel on the inside engine and a manual meter on the outside engine. It is easy to bring the third channel engine in RPM in sync to the out side engine.

JM2CW

Dick jones
Dick,

Thanks for all the info, I like the third channel idea.

James

Back