Cooper New QHP pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nws

Has anyone checked the ID. on the new 20 pipe?

I have two- both check .650 ID.- the Mac header is .555OD.

Has anyone mount that pipe to a Mac or CMB 21?

norris

Has anyone checked the ID. on the new 20 pipe?I have two- both check .650 ID.- the Mac header is .555OD.

Has anyone mount that pipe to a Mac or CMB 21?

norris

Probably made to fit over the standard Nova, Picco, CMB headers which are about .600" OD.

I guess I have to cut the front of pipe.

Them make a header part that will fit your header Andy.

Hate to have go and start welding on new pipe.

Norris

I guess I have to cut the front of pipe.Them make a header part that will fit your header Andy.

Norris
Norris I got a suggestion. Make 4 cuts at 90 degree spacing about 3/4" into the pipe on the header end. Find a typical deepwell socket about 1/16" diameter less than the header od and slide into the pipe. Then take an automotive type worm gear hose clamp (heater hose size should be about right) & tighten it down directly over the area you place the 4 cuts down onto the header. Then after firmly tightening down, rease the clamp & test it on the header. It might take a couple clamping cycle to get the fit snug but then just tack up the cuts & sand smooth. I saw a guy do this a few years ago & it worked great without him doing major surgery to the front of a pipe. He wound up with a nice transition, good fit & a nice 3/4" flat section for the coupler to grip to. Just a thought to share ...... B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I found some aluminum tubing that was close, machined it out on the lathe and JB welded it on to the existing header with the new tube fitting over the old header tube.

I guess I have to cut the front of pipe.Them make a header part that will fit your header Andy.

Norris
Yes Norris, I know you could machine a thin wall sleeve and press it into the header section of the Cooper pipe.

I'm making some barstock AB 67 pipes right now. I'll have pics up on CMDRACING.COM in a few days.

Check the website....new items are begining to appear! :)

Andy- your right, I machine a sleeve And taper the back to match the angle of the cooper pipe.

I want a nice flow, no big step on the inside.

Norris

Latest posts

Back