Connection Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

Well it appears that we have big problems with our internet connection. It does not appear that we will have a nice clean transition to a new ISP as has happened 2 other times. I have begun looking for other hosting options. I believe I have it figured out for temporary hosting. I will be losing my connection for a while and be totally unable to keep tabs on what is going on. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can move to temporary hosts before we loose our connection.

Now the real bad news:

Currently our internet connection is a 1 megabit SDSL line. This means that we can upload and download at 1 megabit. The upload speed is the important one for hosting web sites. I can not find another dsl provider that can do this for us at a reasonable cost. The best we can hope for is an adsl connection with a 784kbps upload. However most likely it will be more like 512kbps. I think we can survive with that speed but it will be 1/3 to 1/2 the speed we currently enjoy.

Any suggestions are welcome that might help with our situation.

NNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo....................!!!!!! :'(

I really wish I knew how to help, Tom. Unfortunately, I don't have a clue.

This is an awesome site and I'm completely addicted. :-

Hi Tom!

Knowing what I do about DSL, those people on the net with dial ups won't notice a thing. People with fast connections (like me on the job at 10 plus) will notice a difference. A lot of DSL providers went down the tube the last 2 years. I put in a lot co-locates in the Chicago area for these companies. Try XO Communications and Corecom. I think they still offer DSL. Otherwise try Ameritech. I think their DSL is provided by Covad and Rhythms. Thats the best I can tell you.

Later!

Ed Radz

Back