Con-Rod, installation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunk t

Question???

Obviously there is a crank end and piston end to the rod. But is there a "front & back" (front meaning facing front plate)? Does it matter. I've got rods from an 8907 (round cross section) and an older 8906 (flat cross section) which I'm working with.

chunk t

There is a chamfer on the side of the lower bushing,that faces the crank.
Yep! that matches my rod from the #8907. The 8906 rod has no chamfer on the bushing, but it does have a lubrication hole which can be alligned to either face the crank or face the back plate. If I was guessing I pick facing the hole toward the crank. Is that correct??

chunk t

Don't use a "non-chamfered" rod on a one piece crank, You must chamfer it or it will gall where the crankpin and crank disc meet.

Don't use a "non-chamfered" rod on a one piece crank, You must chamfer it or it will gall where the crankpin and crank disc meet.
Bob is right,don't put a square edge against a one piece crank that has a crankpin with a radius..........just slightly chamfer both sides of the rod lower bushing with a countersink and you will never be wrong when installing the rod.

Bob is right,don't put a square edge against a one piece crank that has a crankpin with a radius..........just slightly chamfer both sides of the rod lower bushing with a countersink and you will never be wrong when installing the rod.

HEY ROD , QUESE WHO WAS OVER HERE AT THE SHOP THE OTHER DAY ,

HE SAID TO TELL YOU HELLO . CHARELS DIETRICK , YOU WOULD NOT BELEIVE HOW BIG THAT GUY IS , 19 YRS OLD NOW

Back