CMB rs45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I'm considering a pretty new CMB rs45. How does this engine compare with the AA or NR? I have a AA going in another boat. I don't want one to be dog. Are there parts available? The offer seems like a pretty good deal

I'm considering a pretty new CMB rs45. How does this engine compare with the AA or NR? I have a AA going in another boat. I don't want one to be dog. Are there parts available? The offer seems like a pretty good deal
Anthony you have a Pm . Walt Barney

I love the RS but have found the HR, AA and the Nova to be just that little bit better. Was running a RS in my RR45 and without changing anything but the engine to a HR gained 15MPH. A little pipe length tweaking and she was screaming.

Having both CMB engines in 2 different riggers .I prefer the HR ,I do have a .45 Vac still setting ,wanting to add it to my SGX .looks like a bad fit. the carb may hit the CF boom tubes I have not tested by the clock ,just a few eye balls - my 2 cents the Vac will fit in a JAE

Last edited by a moderator:
The only drawback to the RS is that its harder to work on when your used to Macs and AA style engines.

excellent motor,and hard to beat.still available.set the rotor clearance( all evo motors require this),and head clearance,and water volume,and run it

Having both CMB engines in 2 different riggers .I prefer the HR ,I do have a .45 Vac still setting ,wanting to add it to my SGX .looks like a bad fit. the carb may hit the CF boom tubes I have not tested by the clock ,just a few eye balls - my 2 cents the Vac will fit in a JAE
I had a sgx2 and the vac fit with the stock carb

I have to give the rs45 a two thumbs up for sure... I bought my first JAE from Larry "Speed Jr." and my first rs45 came with the boat,a mean combination for sure. It is a very strong motor that loves to turn RPM's.

The GPS did not lie Rick, it made my RR run faster and harder. Same pipe/header, Prop and boat. Just the engine swap. I guess it's never easy to please the CMB zombie hord so sorry CMB RS engines are the greatest and no one can beat them.

The CMB RS is the fastest and best 40 motor I have ever had..............(not kidding on that eather but I have only had a few 40 motors...lol)

Tony.. Truth is I have one in my sport 40 and really like it.. BUT then I could give two Sh..s about top end speed and winning ever race.

The motor is on its second year and truth is its better now then ever. The motor is really coming in and starting to make good power.

Grim

Kevin... Truth is your GPS could have lied.. If it only records peak and the boat unhooked for a sec.. the reading would have been merely boat speed from the flight. Means ZERO in the grand scheme of things.

At least on a radar gun you can see this happen.

Just food for thought.

Grim

This was a consistant inprovement and on several runs. The HR ran so hard it broke the steel rod durring a race. I never bashed the RS still have a few. ran perfect in my PT SP40 highest reving engine I've had with that set up and won several seasons in SP40 with it. I guess an opinion is only good if it coincides with everyone elses, So be it.

Again.. just laying it out for the sake of information. I don't care what motors you play with. Tony wanted to know if an RS "might" be a good purchase. I say yes.. IF.. you want a all around great running motor.

I am looking to get an hr 67 for my 36" sprint cat. I noticed some of the product line that cmb has says direct drive and some have Gear drive. what is a gear drive? they look the same. just getting back in to this stuff after being away from it for a long time. educate me please.

For geared-drive see picture :

dsc00481.jpg

Engines to be used on gears , are reverse rotating.

Purpose of gearing is to get the engine rev's of 40.000 down to 26.000 and use a bigger prop.

(as small props are not that efficiënt.)

Back