CMB 90 case

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Ashcroft

Question?? I have a older style cmb90 ( gold head)I got and want to adapt it to a outboard adapter I am thinking of buying ,,the adapter was made to fit a purple head 90evo ,,are the cases the same ? Will my bolt pattern be the same as the purple evo?I fairly sure they are but just checking with anyone..

What mods do I need to do to my older gold head cmb90 to fit more modern 91/101 piston/sleeve in my case?

David

Just need to turn down the diameter a few thou. The new 91 and 101 have smaller bore than the old 90 and 100.

I have some parts for CMB yelow dead.

cleaning-shop-002.jpg

Just need to turn down the diameter a few thou. The new 91 and 101 have smaller bore than the old 90 and 100.
Andy I don't understand your answer,can u elaborate ,

David
. Not much most can do. Because the new sleeves are smaller (by design) they will not fit your gold head . I'm not saying things couldn't be made to make the parts work, but its more trouble then it's worth.

The newest EVO 4 bolt gold head has a smaller OD on the sleeve than the old gold head.

The RS red head is in between both of them.

Best to get a new gold head 4 bolt head eng as the parts are available or a RS red head as there are still parts for them also.

also the RS case can be board to fit the new EVO gold head 4 bolt head liner.

If you want to keep it running after the parts become unavailable in the future for the RS.

I did check
default_dry.png
NOPE Fit to RS( red head) from P/L RS EVO ( 2014 gold head) won't work . I believe that RS (red head) piston/sleeve will go out of phase in few year but need to go mill machine on " RS"( little big bore) crankcase so will fit from new RS EVO Piston/sleeve or RS EVO only sleeve(liner) need to cut little small bore by lathe machine then will fit to RS crankcase orignal in future ( just in case)

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy I don't understand your answer,can u elaborate ,

David
David, I am sorry, I miss read your question. I thought you were asking about putting the old head buttons in the new sleeves. Everyone has answered....nothing can be done about putting new sleeves in the old cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back