CMB 67 engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree with Jeff..But don't overlook the Purpel head..With a few mods it can be made to run with the best of them

There's a guy on here now and then, names "Gene Gager", has a "Green Head"

in a Sport 60 "round nose" that is Blistering Fast,,makes the sweetest sound at full song :eek: And He win's alot too :) Has a O.S. carb on it though :huh:

Jerry Wyss said:
There's a guy on here now and then, names "Gene Gager", has a "Green Head"in a Sport 60 "round nose" that is Blistering Fast,,makes the sweetest sound at full song :eek:   And He win's alot too :) Has a O.S. carb on it though :huh:

106921[/snapback]

Try a CMDI .550 carb on that motor and see what it will do? Might loose some

low throttle ability, but top end is much better.

thanks Jerry, but my thought was its upside down more than right side up. Mark, does the CMDI 550 have a good low speed needle set up? after modifying the OS carb and failing I took Ralph Kemps suggestion and set the low speed needle just off the bottom and never moved it for the last 4 or 5 races. at that setting if it starts blubbering or racing at idle, I just open or close the main till I get the nice idle my ear likes and its right on at full throttle also. kind of off the norm for setting the main but its simple and seems to be working. when the idle is that sensitive to the main needle I doubt its even working as a low speed needle. geno

gene gager said:
thanks Jerry, but my thought was its upside down more than right side up. Mark, does the CMDI 550 have a good low speed needle set up? 
The CMDI .550 has no needle. must use 3rd channel or remote needle.

Back