CMB .67 3rd Channel and pipe length

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kip Tullos

Guys - quick question.., I have a modded CMB .67 in an outrigger that is just about ready to go. In my impatience and simply wanting to see if the used engine would fire I skipped setting up the 3rd channel and put the fuel line directly to the carb. Pipe is set at 11.25 inches. It fired right up and idled well. It sounded beautiful up until 1/2 throttle, then began to bog down...The question is... Does the 3rd channel smooth this out? Or do i have a bigger issue...I've run nitro boats with no 3rd channel and been ok but it's been a while. I'm going to go ahead w 3rd channel install as planned but was just curious. I don't seem to have time for much boat stuff these days and this will bother me all night and tomorrow:). Help. Kip

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a way of securing the remote needle in a certain position you can use it as a needle valve like on the carb,

What remote needle do you have? It should have a course adjust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure (it's not a CMB or Bob Violet) but probably need to go ahead and mount up - was just curious if anyone had some info here

If you're just running the fuel line to the carb and not through a needle then it sounds like the bottom end idle adjustment on the throttle arm side is metering fuel at idle then you're getting unrestricted flow at half throttle and above. It's bogging because it's way too rich.

Put the remote needle in the fuel line before the carb and you should be okay.

Latest posts

Back