• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found CMB .45 V5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to pay what he is asking for a used engine with no history on run time or the shape of the internals.
If I have to list what I'm willing to pay for a new motor, then I'll just give up on this site and go about setting mu boat up on my own

Not going to pay what he is asking for a used engine with no history on run time or the shape of the internals.
If I have to list what I'm willing to pay for a new motor, then I'll just give up on this site and go about setting mu boat up on my own
Well, I have a new, never seen fuel V5 that comes with an extra NEW piston and liner, honed by Stu, and a large bore Speedmaster Vortec carb (has stock CMB carb, too), along with a NEW Bouchie billet piston...or a clean, short run time used one that came in an SGX we just bought.

On the first, new engine, I'll not 'give' it away....not in the business of losing money, and don't want to separate anything, it's a package.

Now, on the 2nd engine, we can negotiate, and I'd be willing to tear it down for a photo shoot, IF you're serious.

I really don't NEED to sell anything, but am willing to help someone out.
If I determine the pre run engine needs bearings, I'll tell you and give you the option 'as is' or replace the bearings at cost. I'm not saying it needs bearings, at this point.

I've a great reputation here when it comes to buying and selling.

New motor costs
motor - 550
crank balance - 85
header - 70
pipe - 85
fancy carb - 100+
These prices might of gone up since I last check with Bidenomics goign on right now.

Your looking at around 900. So if you are trying to low ball someone on here, they are not really going to go for that. For a used engine with a pipe and fancy carb, that 525 was not a bad deal. Even if you had to replace P/S, you still under the new price. Good luck with your purchase what ever it is you decided to buy.

BTW, I thought that crapshooter boat was being sold as RTR. I guess you must of only bought the hull.
Mike

Would like to know what you are asking for each motor.
Well, like I said, will have to see what I've into the first one, and have to tear 2nd one down and evaluate to determine price....and I'm a bit busy with customers, too. So, give me a bit and we'll see what we can come up with.

I may consider selling one, or both, of my Jim Wilson built VAC 45's, too.

New motor costs
motor - 550
crank balance - 85
header - 70
pipe - 85
fancy carb - 100+
These prices might of gone up since I last check with Bidenomics goign on right now.

Your looking at around 900. So if you are trying to low ball someone on here, they are not really going to go for that. For a used engine with a pipe and fancy carb, that 525 was not a bad deal. Even if you had to replace P/S, you still under the new price. Good luck with your purchase what ever it is you decided to buy.

BTW, I thought that crapshooter boat was being sold as RTR. I guess you must of only bought the hull.
Mike
Mike, bought the boat only

I would have to wait for Stu to get his new shop up and runningbto get new engine mounts.
Would rather just have the same type of engine that was originally in the boat

MIke, I'm not trying to low ball anyone.
I feel for a used motor/pipe/header and I could care less about the fancy carb, the offer I submitted was fair.

If I can't find a really good used one or new one on this site I'll call Stu and buy it from him.

And if I keep getting slack for wanting to buy something then forget this site.

So Doug,
I just read through the Ken Beller for sale thread.
Was it you that purchased Ken's Crapshooter?
If yes.
I see no offer to buy the boat in the thread. Just an "I tried to contact Ken, he never got back to me. So he must have sold it"
Then ken put a buyer committed then backed out.
Then next day sold.
Again, did you buy Ken's boat?

MIke, I'm not trying to low ball anyone.
I feel for a used motor/pipe/header and I could care less about the fancy carb, the offer I submitted was fair.

If I can't find a really good used one or new one on this site I'll call Stu and buy it from him.

And if I keep getting slack for wanting to buy something then forget this site.
I am just saying your not going to find a good used one for all the items I listed for 400. The V5 is the latest designed CMB. So they are not cheap. I personally have only bought 6 used motors over the years. 4 of which I tore down before I handed the money over. The other two came from Don Ferrette. Going new usually elements all the hassles. Good luck with what ever you choose to do.
Mike

He called me to discuss the boat and then we talked about price including shipping and I agreed
So Ken contacted you, I'll bet after you sent him a PM.
Correct?
I'd suggest you take a few minutes to read the selling/buying rules at the top of the for sale page.
Then, figure out how to thicken your skin and quit getting "butt hurt" and threatening to quit the site, cuzz people are being "mean" to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back