CMB .21 LOW END NEEDLE STARTING POINT?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Wyble

CMB .21 low end needle. what is the starting point on the setting of the low in needle in a mono?

brent, try starting with the step/shoulder in the needle that you can see just below the knurled or hex adjustment knob flush/even with the carb body. i have also been told to adjust the low speed needle to where the point is just even with the end of the spray bar as you close the throttle until you can just still see in there. as you close the barrel, the needle is just at or entering the spray bar as you lose sight of it. hope this makes sense. the second method ends up VERY close to the first one, minimal difference between the 2, imho. this is on the stock cmb black carb used on .21's, or at least my TT's, RS's & LS's. a lot of folks say cut them off, but i get a better slow mill & transition back on the throttle with them left alone B) .

Back it way out so it has no effect, run the boat with a smallish prop and set the high speed. Fire it up on shore and turn the low speed in a little at a time until it cleans out nice from idle. :)

What Terry says.
Brent, can you fire me an email, I lost yours.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Back