CMB 101 mods.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxniner69

Who is the go to guy for modifications on this engine ? I read that the 101 has clearance issues that need to be addressed.

Could those issues hurt anything if left alone ?

Thanks for any info, Matt

my father has worked on a few 101's and can set you up

look up steve wood

also mark bullard works on motors like 91 & 101

chris

my father has worked on a few 101's and can set you up
look up steve wood

also mark bullard works on motors like 91 & 101

chris

I second that, Steve Wood is the go-to guy for Big CMB's.

Larry Jr.
I would have to say Jeff Lutz if you can coax him into doing it. If you see one of his motors run you will wait as long as he needs you to.

Cliff

Matt,

The motors do need work from the factory. The disk clearance needs to be set between .002" and .004". It usually comes with .010~.014" of clearance. The head volume should be around 1.1cc with the head button on the engine, piston at TDC measuring to the top of the glow plug threads. This assumes you are running around 40~45% nitro content. The moders listed above can all help you out or you can perform this yuorself with reasonable machining access.

TG

If you are using high Nitro as TG said the head volume needs to be increased to at least 1.0cc. Other mods can be done but as a minimum the head volume needs adjustment. Head clearance at .016". Clean and deburr the engine, and make sure the disc rotor floats on the crank key. B)

Matt,
The motors do need work from the factory. The disk clearance needs to be set between .002" and .004". It usually comes with .010~.014" of clearance. The head volume should be around 1.1cc with the head button on the engine, piston at TDC measuring to the top of the glow plug threads. This assumes you are running around 40~45% nitro content. The moders listed above can all help you out or you can perform this yuorself with reasonable machining access.

TG
i've seen the big block motors with more than .025 on the rotor!

Ok

While all of you are trying to sell a Mod of one kind or another. If all the he wants to do is take it out of the box and run it. HE CAN!!! head clearance @ .019

Oh, and seeing as how I have work buy all and have raced with all. I an RUNNING STOCK HEAD

and see no difference in what you are selling to what we end up with racing with.

Latest posts

Back