CLUBS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim leyde

I was wondering what clubs are charging and doing for both member and non- member race fees.

Thanks

Tim :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ours charges $12 for the first boat. $10 for each additional boat. No difference between member/non-member.

I take it no one needs members in their club. What are the benefits of being a member?

Just wondering how other clubs are working.

Thanks

Tim

I take it no one needs members in their club. What are the benefits of being a member?

Thanks

Tim
Benefits? Camaraderie, access to water for test and tune, access to club equipment (buoys, drivers stand, retrieval boat, etc.)

Tucson Model Boat Club charges $5.00/boat for members, $10.00/boat for non-members for club races once a month.

NAMBA D19 races are $10.00/boat for adults or $5.00/boat for juniors. Non-NAMBA members must also pay a $10.00 single event membership fee.

Thanks

Tim
In the Twin Cities Club the advantage of being a member is you get a key to the gate so you can use the pond when ever you desire. Call me and I will explain the reason why several long standing members of the club still attend the races but no longer hold memberships. I have never attended races at other clubs and had to pay a different entry fee then their club members... That would be sort of like a restaurant in a popular tourist area having menus with different prices for the locals and the tourists.

Larry

Our club has a membership of 32 boaters. We charge the same price as Sean stated earlier for member or non member.

Our membership gets you a key to the gate leading to the pond where you can run for fun 7 days a week during the season. We have a recovery boat on site and the course is set up all season.

Thanks

Tim
In the Twin Cities Club the advantage of being a member is you get a key to the gate so you can use the pond when ever you desire. Call me and I will explain the reason why several long standing members of the club still attend the races but no longer hold memberships. I have never attended races at other clubs and had to pay a different entry fee then their club members... That would be sort of like a restaurant in a popular tourist area having menus with different prices for the locals and the tourists.

Larry

Hi Larry, I finally found something that we disagree on. Here is a question for you. Can I come to your gun club and pay the same daily or per gun range fee as a member and vote or have a say on how the range will be run for the day? I don't think that would fly to well with the Club members.

Just something to add to the debate.

Mark

Thanks

Tim
At our site the benefit is you have an insured pond,retrieve boat on site. Non members are not allowed on our lake unless they are new and have proper IMPBA cards. Oh and another benefit is you get to work all the races if you want to stay a member.This hobby has baggage as any other hobby out there. The intent of IMPBA,NAMBA and IW is to foster model boating. I urge you to give back to your club and help it prosper or surely it will die and so will good race sites

Something to consider with charging club members lower race entry fees over non-club members is less revenue for the club. Many clubs use the proceeds from their race events to cover their yearly operating costs (Pond dye, buoys, netting, PA equipment, etc.) If you have 12 club members show up for a race event, and 4 non-club members show up, your revenue will suffer. It might also be perceived negatively by out of town racers, especially if they feel like they are being gouged. Attendance is a key factor in hosting a successful race event. Many clubs do everything they can to increase attendance at their race events. This usually entails promoting to, and accommodating the needs of, out of town racers.

If your club is not concerned about these things, I don't see a problem with having a reduced race fee for club members at your club race events. If you decide to promote a race event outside of your traditional "club race", you may want to revisit the issue.

Thanks

Tim

Larry

Hi Larry, I finally found something that we disagree on. Here is a question for you. Can I come to your gun club and pay the same daily or per gun range fee as a member and vote or have a say on how the range will be run for the day? I don't think that would fly to well with the Club members.

Just something to add to the debate.

Mark
You can come to the gun club with me as a guest, I have to sign you in and out , and you have to be on the same range that I am. The only fees would be to buy clay birds to shoot trap or skeet. Only members in the club have voting privileges, same as with the boat club...Unless the boat club has changed since I last attended a meeting.

Larry

Back