Classic Hydros vintage shovelnose kits in stock

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climate Models

The Classic Hydros kits are in stock and ready to ship.

Special introductory price $69.95

ABS hull and laser cut wood internal structure make this kit a fast build with good strength to weight.

Designed by Doug Campbell, this kit is perfect for LSH, O sport hydro, or just for fun running.

More info on our site.

As an extra bonus to launch this kit, we are including the scale detail options package at no extra charge, which includes a scale dash with dials, a steering wheel, and the tail fin.

http://www.climatemodels.com/store/page31.html

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Cool. A melding of wood and plastic and a great price to boot. Looks like a winner to me!!!! I wish I didn't have so much on my plate right now :(

LOU

OOOOH! I just gotta have one!

Peter, I'll be in touch to place an order.

--

Mike N

I thought I'd add a note about the backgound of the boat since I am the designer after all :D

I've been a fan of the classic older unlimited hydroplanes for a long time and also like very close racing (well, who doesn't?)

We put alot of testing over the past 5 years at the Edina Model Yacht Club in Minnesota, and also ran the hull at different events in Florida, Chicago and Wisconsin. And listened to good input by many racers. Vacu-form kits are now available. It looks like from what we observed, the speed, handling and looks are in top form.

This hull is for the guys who like the older style hydros and yet it's also a great club boat to get guys into FE racing, because of it's easy and fast build time, price and good handling.

It's a competitive runner for 6 –8 cell - O-Sport and LSH class racing - Or get a few guys in your club into it and set them up the same for some close "vintage" racing.

The classichydros.com website will be the place to visit where you can get updates, instructions, pictures of finished boats and links.

Here are some of the items featured in this kit:

Laser-Cut Inner Structure - This Lite plywood structure helps with the nature of a plastic hull, giving it strength and rigidity needed for competition. The structure includes transom and sponson doublers, longitudinal stiffeners that have locations cut for mini servo installations, motor mount, chine and bow reinforements.

Laser-Cut Scale Tail Fin – This is a ‘standard’ shape tail fin that can be modified as you wish, to match a certain older unlimited hydroplane boat, or shaped to the 3 alternate tail fin templates included in the instructions.

Scale features that may be options or be included with the kit:

Laser-cut Windshield – Instructions for installation are included

Laser-cut Dashboard with a laminated gauges graphic

Steering Wheel

12 page detailed assembly instructions that included patterns for tail fins and exhaust stacks. Also included are links to websites for classic color schemes

A Laser-cut boat stand is also available.

Check it out!

Thanks. - Doug Campbell

Back