Chevys and GMC Mighty DURAMAX Diesel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

If your looking to buy new or Like new be careful with the 2011 -2012 to current Duramax Diesels. After putting over 100,000 on a 2006 and then a 2008. Common rail type fuel systems..... And then buying a 2012 Duramax Chevy-GMC has finally screwed up a Good Thing by changing BOSCH Injection pumps. Be careful if adding add on fuel filters or exhaust or programmers that can void a mfgers written warranty prematurely, Pump and 8 injectors can set you back 10 - 13000.00 with the type if failures ( internal fuel pump) they are currently seeing on todays Duramax..... IF it is Not Covered Under Warranty........ Even if it is Repaired at a dealer these are HI TECH Diesel Engines that only a handful of dealers can repair properly... BUYER BEWARE OF CURRENT DURAMAX POWERED TRUCKS!!!!!!

2006 is the only way to go!!!! Too much emissions after then.... Lly was ok but the 06 lbz with the six speed was rocking!!!

2006 is the only way to go!!!! Too much emissions after then.... Lly was ok but the 06 lbz with the six speed was rocking!!!
My 06 Duramax was a Good trk ......But the 2008 was too...... 2012 to current engne prefix (LML) Not Soooooooo Great.... wih GMC quest to push the injection pressure to to a point of beaking the BOSCH fuel pump premature in several trucks......... Bosch says the North American Diesel fuel is Crap and says it has a Scar rating that does not meet requirements for there pumps?

Last edited by a moderator:
My 06 Duramax was a Good trk ......But the 2008 was too...... 2012 to current engne prefix (LML) Not Soooooooo Great.... wih GMC quest to push the injection pressure to to a point of beaking the BOSCH fuel pump premature in several trucks......... Bosch says the North American Diesel fuel is Crap and says it has a Scar rating that does not meet requirements for there pumps?
Joe,

sounds like your haveing proplems with the GMC truck, This is why I still have my 04 Dodge 5.9, Did have a fuel pump go out and $900.00 whent with the pump but it's running great again and still getting good fuel mileage, and it's paid for LOL.

Walt Barney

My 06 rocks and less than 60000 on it .

IMG_1624.JPG

Joe,

sounds like your haveing proplems with the GMC truck, This is why I still have my 04 Dodge 5.9, Did have a fuel pump go out and $900.00 whent with the pump but it's running great again and still getting good fuel mileage, and it's paid for LOL.

Walt Barney
Hey I like the kind that are paid for..........

Most Mfgers warrantys are not worth the paper they are written on............ yet the car mfgers charged you approx 7 - 8 percent on the front end... so you could have a warranty written on a piece of toilet paper........ :blink:

Just get some EFI tunes from Rob Coddens and let your Dmax breath!!

LMAO!! Actually Rob Coddens did the 2 stage EFI tune for me, one specifically for towing and one for performance/economy with a simple flip of the switch on the dash (thanks Mike McKnight for matching the GM fonts on the lettering). Got the EFI Live Auto-Cal programming box, added the switch/wiring and the rest was done via e-mails, what a difference! :)

Rob is probably the best at tuning the dmax but I wentwith Nick at duramaxtuner as he was local!!! I had a dsp5 and a tune that would spin the tires when ever I wanted and eat Camaros and Mustangs!!!!!

The best part of robs run,, unless he has sinced changed his ways,,, is he does his passes with straight diesel no nitrous 90% of the others trying to catch him use nitrous and a lot of it!!!!

I can tell you from experince driving semi the fuel is crap. When a Cat 15 starts having problems there is something wrong. Drove a 2009 KW T2000 with a cat 15. Was told by the Catapiler dealer the fuel is crap we now get comes from a mixture of the bio and regular fuels and low sulfer. THere is a definite loss of lubrication from the new fuelsand the way they are being mixed. dont remember now what the problem was but they said they were seeing the issue more often with the new fuel. It may not show bio on the fuel pump but bio is everywhere even if they deny its there

ALWAYS ALWAYS keep up on your fuel additives. Motorkote has a low sulfer fuel additive to help with fuel pump/injector lubrication.

I can tell you from experince driving semi the fuel is crap. When a Cat 15 starts having problems there is something wrong. Drove a 2009 KW T2000 with a cat 15. Was told by the Catapiler dealer the fuel is crap we now get comes from a mixture of the bio and regular fuels and low sulfer. THere is a definite loss of lubrication from the new fuelsand the way they are being mixed. dont remember now what the problem was but they said they were seeing the issue more often with the new fuel. It may not show bio on the fuel pump but bio is everywhere even if they deny its there

ALWAYS ALWAYS keep up on your fuel additives. Motorkote has a low sulfer fuel additive to help with fuel pump/injector lubrication.
Good to know, got a link to the additive you speak of?

The link is off their site but should be able to find it at Pilots, TAs , Flying J. And I thought I had seen it at a couple parts stores also. The govt doesnt care what they end up doing to consumers as long as they can make the Enviro nuts happy.

http://motorkote.com...ubricant-4.html

I do agree though the GMC 2006 Dmax is the last of the good ones
Just scored a case of six 16oz. bottles on Amazon for $30.70 shipped. At 1 ounce per 10 gallons every third fill up that should last me a bit. B)

Hope all you tuned guys are keeping and eye on your exhaust gas temperatures. All that fuel will sure melt one down in a hurry.

Latest posts

Back