CF Spar material

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooycheese

Chat Moderator
Hi All,

I am hoping someone will have a little carbon fiber spar material they would be willing to sell? I need 3pcs 1"x10"x1/8" , Please Help me out if ya can :)

Thank You,

Paul

I was hoping to get a deal more like Gary Preusse use to have 2 pieces that size for $12 or $15 . Last I talk with Gary he didn't have any and was trying to get more.

Paul

p.s. If all else fails then I will have to go for that, I really don't want to try and cut strips out of say a 12"x12" sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the question would be is how would I go about cutting a sheet down, what tools are needed. I don't have a band saw or nothing like that, I do have a table saw but I don't think that would work? I have used a dremmel with a cut off wheel to get the contour angle on the inside of the sponson, but thats not a nice clean cut like would be needed for strips to make a spar.

Thank You,

Paul

table saw will work just fine.. make sure your blade is square to the fence.. and use a fine tooth blade..

chris

Paul i would would masking tape about 1 1/2 - 2" wide and draw your line up the center of the tape , the tape will help the C/F not to chip on the edge you are cutting.

Good Luck

id try a tile saw. i'm pretty sure that is what gary used on the corelight and i know that is what peter used on my boat kits

Thanks Tom,

Now that is a sweet Idea, I never thought about a tile saw ........................... Got a MK in the garage now.

Paul

p.s. Thank You Everyone for all your advice :)

Thanks Tom,Now that is a sweet Idea, I never thought about a tile saw ........................... Got a MK in the garage now.

Paul

p.s. Thank You Everyone for all your advice :)
HI, Paul! I use table saw to cat ANY non ferrous materials.

1. Have small teeth ( for dia 7.5" - 60 or 80) sharp blade.

2. If your material are brittle, put piece of plywood or wood (1/4-3/8") under.

3. If you need to cut thin material, like aluminum foil, plastic or similar glue them to underlaiment with adgesive 777 or duoble side tape.

Good luck. Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back