Cellular One Paint Codes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam,

Are you looking for the 8255 version or 8710???

Good racing with you over the weekend.

Bert

Sam,

I have a piece of the boat after it flipped at Madison.I can scan it and get the codes for you.

Thanks Doug

I rebuilt and repainted my 8710 last year. Sorry don't know the codes I used, I just got a photo and got the paint matched to the photo. They looked pretty good against the photos I had and the ones that used to be on the Newton Smugmug site, but he's taken them down. I do wonder if the Blue might actually be metallic?

Mike McKnight did the full set of Graphics including the Steve Reynolds script for the front of the cockpit, Larry Lauterbach above the cockpit windows, and Diadora and other graphics for the turbine tube end of the cowl. If you use Mike you need to tell him was size you want the Novatel logo for sides of the turbine intake. The sizes I gave him were a little on the large side. I measured them off the newton drawing, they looked too small so I added a mm to the diameter of the circles. I also just noticed I sized the Diadora and Aeroquip logos wrong too....Bugger!

Sorry for the horrible photo's the lighting in my garage is not great. It's an unusual colour that changes a lot with lighting. The photo with me and the boat (photo credit Merv Sowden) is the same paint when I first rebuilt it 6 years ago with the same paint, and shows how much the colour changes in the sunlight.

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

Bob & Cellular One.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back