Carbon Fiber Tuned Pipe/ 20 Outboards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunnelbill

;DHey Everyone,

I have a few pipes that I will sell. I tried the ebay thing and that is not for me, it is a pain. If you are interested or would like some info please contact me at [email protected]. I only have 2 that I will sell, I want to get a few people running them so we can share the testing info. TB

Bill,

Ran mine on the Nova/ Lawless on the weekend - just AWESOME ;D

Tim.

Did you design them your self these pipes. I've been thinking off trying to make a carbon version of an irwin pipe i have. First i want to make a mold of the outside. If it works fine, maybe i split the 2 halfes and make a mold of the inside

Paul Wijnstra

[email protected]

Xtreme Rc Boats

R/C Powerboats, driven by Adrenalin!

Hey Paul,

Welcome,Great to have you here!!!!!

The Carbon Fiber pipe, Its shape is different than the Irwin, Check out the "XTR-21 Experiences" post while your here also, Lots of info there!!!!!!

Gene

:eek:Hey Guys,

I just received a new shipment of CF pipes, if you would like more info please email me. Thanks TB

I noticed with the carbon pipes that the stinger is extremely long, what is the purpose of that

Thanks

Mike

::)Hi,

The reason the stinger is long= 1, keep heat in the motor, most O/B motors run way to cold to perform very well, 2, keep the pressure up in the pipe through the rpm range, this keep fuel going to the motor. When I get testing, I think the stinger might get cut back some. I am hoping for warmer weather.

Thanks

TB

Tunnelbill please send me info. how quiet is it and will it fit a k&b 3.5 O/B?

James,

You will need a header - the pipe does not come with one. Grimracer sells a header adapter to fit a normal header to a K&B flange, or the Irwin one will work also. It will work on the K&B just fine (Gene Gillman - can you please confirm as your'e using one on the K& B) .

It is just on 90dB on mine.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Dunno about how they run, im an electric man myself (at the moment anyway), but that CF Pipe on Tims OB just Tops it off, it makes them look HEAPS better ;)

btw i mainly go for the looks of a boat ;)

Kris

Hey Guy's,

The long stinger is a good thing, its builds heat in the engine fast, way faster than the Irwin, I cut about 1/4 inch off mine and its just right for my K@B 8907 with mild mods. I used the standard Irwin header. Tim is right, the pipe is a little quieter than the Irwin.

This pipe hits its powerband HARD !!!!!!! So be ready for that ;)

Gene ;D

Back