Camarillo pond rats. Club races

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Drake

Does anyone know if Camarillo pond is still having club races? I've been checking their web site all year and it hasn't been updated since 2012

That sucks for me. I'm in San Luis obispo which puts me about 4.5 hours from legg lake and a little longer than that from the district 9 races up north. Don't know what I'm going to now

Tony, I am in the same bind as you. Camarillo used to be my home pond till it closed. I am in Buellton, so Camarillo was the closest to me at 1.5 hours. Legg is about 2.5 hours with no traffic from my house. Shane Forrest mentioned to me while he was living in Atascadero that there was a lake somewhere in the area to run at but I cannot remember the name. It was a pretty small lake from what he said. Tyler

Hey Tyler

It's Franklin pond in paso. It's on private property but the owner charges $5 to use his pond for what ever you want. The only problem is people swim in it all the time in the summer,the last time I was there I payed my $5 and sat around all day waiting for the people to stop swimming and to get out of the water.......lol

Ah, Shane didn't mention that people swim in it. That would be a definite no for running boats then. I often wondered if there was not an accessible area of Lake Cachuma to run it. I know the airplane guys occasionally have float fly's out there and let us run for exhibition, but the water is generally pretty rough.

Back