• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cal Craft 3.5 Deep Vee Clean Light 1lb 13oz NEW

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your interest. The boat will go full term of the auction sold to high bidder. Cal Craft have raced for years so I assume they must be legal boats.

IMPBA Rule book:

Hull Classifications

1. Mono Hull Definitions and Restrictions

c. A lap straked hull is defined as a single wetted surface hull, with at least one

strake on each side of keel. Any number of strakes may be used.

3. Strakes terminating before the transom cannot have squared ends creating a

step; they must be faired

Not sure about NAMBA, just IMPBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Calcrafts are very poular in NAMBA country. Not so popular in the eastern USA IMPBA. Just because they have been around, does not mean they are legal. You usually only see a protest on a boat that is winning a class. If they are out of the top 3, there won't be a protest. I'm not saying the boat is not fast, I'm saying if the driver can't make it to the top 3, the boat won't be protested. From what I see on hte pics, the hull is not IMPBA legal by definition of the rules. ANtone can run an illegal mono, the DQ will happen after they are in the points lead.

Jon.. thank you for your comments, and yes I do agree. If the end of the strake is not exactly perfect, do you think it would be too big of a job to throw a little bondo on it and make ir correct ? I mean you guys build incredible Scale Hydros from wood and paper plans. So, I just don't see it as a big problem but I do appreciate you telling the buyer how to make the boat IMPBA legal.

In reagards to the boat being competitive. I remember way back when we used to run against Ed Hugey in Indianapolis.

We all ran the same boat (eds 40 boat ) , same engines, same hardware, same fuel, and Ed used to Lap the field. And we had some pretty **** good model boaters in the club. Akerman and Davis just to mention two. So just maybe it might not be the boat, maybe it is the modeler.

I think a good modeler with some top driving skills could get this boat in the top 3. I have owned seducers and just about everykind of boat out there, and I normally don't like racing what everybody else is doing. I like to be different. I would not be afraid to build this boat and race it in IMPBA with the strakes made legal.

And finally.. the boat is on ebay so it probably will not be sold to a balls to the wall racer.

Thanks again for your knowledge. I do appreciate your input. I do agree about the winner is the one who gets the rules thrown at him. been there done that.

You are correct, it would not be hard to fair them in with a little bondo. My 45 Viper has the same problem. I haven't been able to make it into the top 3 with it yet; Plenty of speed, but too many DNF's due to various problems.

I has a 20 pistolero that had similar problems; plenty of speed, just too unstable. The pistolero looked a bit like the calcraft, but the strakes were further up from the keel.

You are correct, it would not be hard to fair them in with a little bondo. My 45 Viper has the same problem. I haven't been able to make it into the top 3 with it yet; Plenty of speed, but too many DNF's due to various problems.
I has a 20 pistolero that had similar problems; plenty of speed, just too unstable. The pistolero looked a bit like the calcraft, but the strakes were further up from the keel.
Yes. I remember that boat, but not too many people here ran it. If I remember is was a light boat. We have to run very light up here. 25 percent horsepower loss. Mile High.

Best Wishes Jon.

Latest posts

Back